Sign in to follow this  
ufo

another one from the uk

hello all, another uk member here, my name is steve and I live down on the south coast, I am in to motorcycles and particularly building them...I wanted a brown leather hand tooled seat on the chop that I am building so I purchased one from ebay, when it turned up it was black vinyl with a pattern stitched into it (I dont think it was just the seat that was stitched) the guy would not refund my money so I have decided to have a go at learning leather tooling/crafting and make my own....i allready do my own airbrushing and fabricate/machine my bits for my bikes so this would be very usefull, this looks like a very usefull forum with a lot of knowlege on it so I hope you can help me on leather working journey...

steve

Welcome Steve. You are right this is a very usefull forum with a ton of great information. Youve come to the right place.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate encounter with a shady Ebayer. You're in the right place to get going on a leatherworking jouney. There has been a couple of amazing bike seats on here. Almost too nice to sit on and cover up!

Edited by TTcustom

cheers guys, I am now awaiting the delivery of some tools and some leather to practice on, and am looking forward to trying something new.

Hi and Welcome,

Join the club, Im new and just starting out too:) Ive been on here for a few weeks and Im only just scratching the surface of the information on here. I'll be posting pictures of my first pieces in a couple of weeks. Have you got any pictures of bikes you build or paintwork? I just had my tank painted:)

Hi and Welcome,

Join the club, Im new and just starting out too:) Ive been on here for a few weeks and Im only just scratching the surface of the information on here. I'll be posting pictures of my first pieces in a couple of weeks. Have you got any pictures of bikes you build or paintwork? I just had my tank painted:)

there is a lot of really good information on here, and as soon as I do something even if its only a bit of practice work I will post some pictures, as for bikes I am in the middle of building a xs 650 chop, ..this was a paint set I did for my wifes bike but she did not like it.......

IMG_0605.jpg

and this is a HOK kandy ghost flame paint set I did for a mates chop.

IMG_0874-1.jpg

Thats very nice work. Shame your wife didnt like it, Its a nice job. Here is a picture of my fuel tank, I didn't paint it, I paid someone to do it as I've never tried airbrushing, yet... Its since been signed by a couple of the band members and the tank was re-laquered a few times after being rubbed down.

Fuel Tank 001.jpg

Fuel Tank 002.jpg

post-11335-125244565442_thumb.jpg

post-11335-125244571924_thumb.jpg

Thats very nice work. Shame your wife didnt like it, Its a nice job. Here is a picture of my fuel tank, I didn't paint it, I paid someone to do it as I've never tried airbrushing, yet... Its since been signed by a couple of the band members and the tank was re-laquered a few times after being rubbed down.

very nicely done, a lot of talent there.....

Hi Steve and welcome from scotland. That's a nice tank.