jhw

Your Experiences Using Sharpies, Copic Markers Etc For Edges And Blemishes

was hoping a few folks would share their experiences using sharpies, copic markers etc for edges and coloring in blemishes, i am new to leatherwork, still experimenting, and have looked on the forums here and would like to fund out more about what worked for you and what didn't

specifically,

1. which markers have worked well for you for coloring edges? and which didnt

2. did you have a particular process before and after using the markers (ex., glue, sand, put gloss coat over afterwards etc) which seemed to work well .. and the opposite, didnt work as hoped...

3. were there types/thicknesses of leather this worked best for you on ; on the opposite side, types where it really didnt work

4. also wondering if marker color holds over time once it dries and sinks in or can it run, or rub off?

and a related topic:

did anyone try using markers to color in tiny white tears/blemishes in dyed leather? how well did it work.. did the color rub off or sink in and basically work?

again, which markers worked fir you, which didnt, types of leather, what processes worked well, etc.

thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

i have been working with various remnants .. not exactly sure what type of leather it but at least a few of the remnants seem to be a decent quality. i have been trying markers (several different brands to match a dark navy blue) and the fenice edge paints and gloss coat bought via tandy leather. the experience so far alternates between being fun and being frustrating (:

Edited by jhw