Jaymack

Allen Wrench Stamp

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1035971-Tooling-stamp-idea-sheath-and-knife-pics?highlight=hamon

I saw this thread on the Blade forum. I know that I could never line up the hexagon stamp evenly, but I thought some of you might like and try this idea.

John

Torx bits are also quite handy. I've done several pieces using my domed rivet setter, but i like the honeycomb effect the maker did in that link.

Torx bits! I may try that one for a background. Do you have any examples you can post TwinOaks?

Wow! Cool effect for sure. I love when people repurpose tools.

I don't have anything handy....but, yes, I used them as a backgrounder and the same way as a "foliage" stamp.

One of the things I love most about this trade is that there are few 'rules' cast in stone. If I have something I can hit and will leave a repeatable pattern......I've probably smacked it on leather. Not all of them worked out, mind you, but I've tried.

***NOTE: No matter how cool you think the pattern/image/texture might be, do not use it if (A) it's expensive to replace, (B) is easily broken by impact from a mallet/maul, or © belongs to your significant other. Expecially in the case of a combination of A and C....it's far cheaper (in many ways) to have a custom stamp made.***

Good advice!

That is a neat pattern. Great idea.

I enjoy using things around the shop to make unusual tools. I have experimented with bolts of different sizes, using the thread patterns on various items. Also used hex nuts held by fastening to bolt and from watchmaker size to very large, gives some great patterns. Great for steam punk items if anyone does them.

heads of carraige bolts make nice impressions as well. Old gears and miscellaneous junk can make unique items that look very good when completed.

Sockets also make some interesting designs. 6 point and 12 point both .

I also look around when I shop at the hardware store, just to see if they have an interesting item to try.

Oh well, sure that everyone has tried many different items. Just my .02

God Bless.

Ray

Now that is a pretty nice look. I use to keep bees so I really like it. Wonder how a star or torque bit might look.