Patrice

Weaver

Hi everyone.

It's been a while since i did not post any of my work or any comments. But still, i keep checking the forum from time to time.

I was wondering if Weaver will accept the average leatherworker like myself, or if it's only for leatherworkers who have business number or tax number.

They have somme tools and leather i would like to buy.

Thank's

ya got to have a tax #

Mike

ya got to have a tax #

Mike

Thank you Rawhide!

I have a Weaver account. PM what you want and I'll see what I can do for you

kudos to jet4 for being willing to help the small guy. you rock. wish there was more like you willing to step forward

Actually, you do not need a federal tax ID number, . . . just your vendor's license number.

In Ohio you can pick up a county one in your parent county, . . . or a traveling one from the state, . . . I did mine on line in all of about a half hour.

May God bless,

Dwight

</h3>

<h3>Dwight user_popup.png

Actually, you do not need a federal tax ID number, . . . just your vendor's license number.

In Ohio you can pick up a county one in your parent county, . . . or a traveling one from the state, . . . I did mine on line in all of about a half hour.

May God bless,

Dwight

Oh man I wish it were that easy in California. :unsure:

</h3>

Oh man I wish it were that easy in California. :unsure:

GrampaJoel,

I just got my "sellers permit" from BOE ( calif board of equalization) AKA Tax ID. It only took 30 minutes in their office in Fresno. I just down loaded the application, completed it at home and went in to the BOE office, 30 mintes later I left with my tax id number and a physical copy of my sellers permit. Piece of cake.

TR

Tyree904

GrampaJoel,

I just got my "sellers permit" from BOE ( calif board of equalization) AKA Tax ID. It only took 30 minutes in their office in Fresno. I just down loaded the application, completed it at home and went in to the BOE office, 30 mintes later I left with my tax id number and a physical copy of my sellers permit. Piece of cake.

TR

Very cool. That is the easy part no doubt.

Now as you start upon your business life ( 'legal by permit'), remember that the FEDs, and the State( and yes sometimes multiple states) , Counties , and Cities all want their share of what ever you sell. ....and it never stops.

Have fun

Joel

A Business License will do. You really need one anyway if you do any volume. And the savings you can enjoy is well worth the License Fee.

For anyone looking to set up a tax ID or business license/vendor number in order to buy from Weaver, keep in mind that they require a minimun initial order of $250, and yearly total orders of $500.

Not a big deal if you plan to buy your sides from them, but I like Wickett & Craig for my leather, so Weaver hasn't worked out for me.

For anyone looking to set up a tax ID or business license/vendor number in order to buy from Weaver, keep in mind that they require a minimun initial order of $250, and yearly total orders of $500.

Not a big deal if you plan to buy your sides from them, but I like Wickett & Craig for my leather, so Weaver hasn't worked out for me.

Yeah, I gave Weaver a try with some sides and double shoulders. Ordered the "better stuff". Never again. :thumbsdown: Have gotten better quality at local Tandys. Have to give Wickett &Craig a try.

Not To pile on, but I have not been happy with ordering leather from Weaver either. I ordered 3 HO sides and a double shoulder. I asked for the best they had. The salesperson explained what "tannery run" meant and said the pickers would send what they felt was right based on my intended use. I had to send the sides back. The shoulders were fine. They had great customer service, no problem exchanging, credited the shipping... The new hides were just as bad. I didn't have time to wait for the another exchange so I used what I could.

the quality of the leather wasn't the issue and the customer service was great. The problem was the sides looked completely beat up in the handling. They were full of welts and dings and scratches that looked to be caused from handling around the warehouse. One of the sides from the first shipment had what we all agreed was a boot print on it.

Anyway, I just ordered a few sides from Wickett & Craig this morning.

Not To pile on, but I have not been happy with ordering leather from Weaver either. I ordered 3 HO sides and a double shoulder. I asked for the best they had. The salesperson explained what "tannery run" meant and said the pickers would send what they felt was right based on my intended use. I had to send the sides back. The shoulders were fine. They had great customer service, no problem exchanging, credited the shipping... The new hides were just as bad. I didn't have time to wait for the another exchange so I used what I could.

the quality of the leather wasn't the issue and the customer service was great. The problem was the sides looked completely beat up in the handling. They were full of welts and dings and scratches that looked to be caused from handling around the warehouse. One of the sides from the first shipment had what we all agreed was a boot print on it.

Almost exact same experience. Double shoulders were usable but no better'n Tandys. I think they sent me one of the original sides JohnD returned. There wuddent a whole square foot of leather on the entire side that didden have marks, dents and stratches and it was supposeta been their best stuff . Looked more like a door mat. :rolleyes2: I figure they use the best leather for their leather products they sell and the rejected sides, shoulders and such are sold online. Reckon I'll try an outfit that doesn't make and sell leather products, just raw leather.

Reckon I'll try an outfit that doesn't make and sell leather products, just raw leather.

I'm with you on that! Why support the competition.

I'm amazed at the problems folks are reporting with Weaver. In the past three years I've ordered over 100 HO veg tan sides and numerous other leathers and have never had to return anything. I tell them over the phone what I want and what it's for and that's what I get. A couple times a year I drive up there just for something to do and they let me go back and select the hides I want. Can't ask for more than that.

I've never bought any leather from the but have bought hardware in the past.

I still get a catalog from them and was looking at needles in it for my #7.

No No No No No; we won't be paying those prices for needles. NoSireee!!

My dad started dealing with Weavers in around 1980 and I have been dealing with them since around 1985.Never had any major problems with them and few we've had were always fixed.Weaver only sells wholesale so you'll need a tax number to order supplies.Thay have a whole lot more you have to go through to be able to buy thier tack.I always tell them what I'm needing leather for(8' plus reins,back clear for 12"deep for stirrup leathers,clear backed for ruff-out,etc.)If it's something special,I''ll drive up and hand pick it.Same as I'd do with any supplier. What I really like is that if I order by 10am,the order is usually setting in my shop by noon of the next day.Right now I'm placing an order about every 2-3 weeks....just tossing my 2 pennys in the pot.....Ken