rdb

LW Fundraiser Auction

I want LW to succeed, and flourish for years to come. I haven't run this by any mods, that's just the way I roll...lol

I've been carrying this around for all these years, just thought it would be cool someday...Guess what, I've decided today, it's cool.

This is a brass buckle made by Mastercraft about 2.25x3.75". It's heavy.

I honestly don't remember the story behind it, it might have been when i was an Asst. Manager in Boston (if you can remember it, you weren't there...lol), but it's got to be fairly rare. If you know the story, please do jump in with the info. I haven't shined it up because it is Vintage, but you can do what you want if you win it.

There aren't many rules to this auction, other than you must be a "Contributing Member", as of your bid. I'm offering this to the highest bidder. I'ld say $1.00 increments would be minimum. All bidding will end Thursday night at 12PM EST. Winner will be announced Friday morning. I'll ship that day, after payment is verified. Money can be sent directly from the winner to LW's paypal links.

This ain't ebay, so I'm sure it'll get messy,or with any luck it might be fun. It might be the biggest flop ever invented. Dunno, don't care. Rules might even change in the middle of things...somebody might get mad at me for this, or add some "sensible" rules, heck, the Federales could always take me away in chains....I lean towards no rules, but whatever....

If for some wildly crazy reason the bids start amounting to real money (say $100 or more...but in these times?), we can use PMs to bid, and I'll post the current bid to beat.

Well, Good Luck, remember it's all in fun, and if it keeps this board running one extra day, it'll be worth it.

HPIM1988.JPG

HPIM1987.JPG

post-5140-1242668080_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1242668104_thumb.jpg

We have a bid of $10!!!! wOOhOO.

Anonymous bidding is okay too.

If you want you can use this Topic to tell old school Tandy Stories.

I was a single Dad back then, and I brought my daughter to work a lot when I couldn't find sitters. My daughter was about 1 and a half. She used to sleep on the the pile of sheepskins in the back of the store...snug as a bug. Try that in your workplace today!

Met my second wife while she was working at American Handicrafts, next door.

i bid 20 usd

Thanx knockout! That's a big jump...could be shrewd bidding, we'll see

This is a page on the history of Tandy/Radio Shack...humble beginnings for sure...

http://www.radioshackcorporation.com/history.html

and I intend to give it away, I have the round one with all the tools on it and wear it everyday.

Two bids so far. Today is the last day, until midnite.

knockout, show us a picture of your round Tandy buckle!

I have a bucketful of these big old brass buckles from the 70s. Once in awhile I sell one at the fair for $20 each, so if knockout wins, he's getting a fair deal. But who wants fair when we are trying to make a contribution to LW!

This could go in the King Saddlery Museum that Johanna visited! (Once again, Johanna comes through for us with recaps of her visits to places many of us can't get to. Thanks J!

And I wear it everyday.IMG00017.jpg

post-7115-1242954711_thumb.jpg

First of all, you guys are sweet to think about ways to help LW. I hate asking you wonderful people for money to keep the lights on, so we're trying to sell ads. Do me a favor- click on the ads, and when you place an order with any of the fine companies up there- tell 'em you saw their ad here!

Second, I have a romantic Tandy story. My second husband, John Henry, had a store in Rockville, MD and I was a manager in Macon. We got sent to a meeting in Ft. Worth where we "met", and discovered we came from towns in PA about 5 miles from each other, and knew many of the same people, and both of us wanted burnt kielbasa for supper that night instead of Texas barbeque. Long story short, we had a long distance romance, fell in love and he quit his job in MD because I wasn't leaving Macon for DC! We had two children together, and if it weren't for Tandy...well, we might never have known each other.

Here is my belt buckle. I won it in a contest, but I can't remember what for. It's on my favorite redneck belt (you know, it says "Johanna" across the back!)

tandybuckle__Medium_.JPG

Johanna

post-5-1242956423_thumb.jpg

dang. . would've bid but didn't see the post until too late! Awesome idea and fun stories to read tho, thanks! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I just saw this with the east coast closing time. You said the rules are fluid... It is not midnight here.

I am bidding $23.50

Aaron

Well, if anyone is expecting the "wisdom of Solomon" from me, they're wrong...

Highest bidder is: Electrathon!!!Woot!

Congratulations. Now Pay UP..lol

As soon as Johanna lets me know she got her beer money, I'll start packing it up, and head for the PO.

PM me with your address Aaron.

Thanx to y'all who played, and looked.

Hopefully a few other people decided to become contributing members, Having responsibility for this place, 24/7 has got to be worth a little help. There isn't a one of us who haven't benefited from Johanna and her mods efforts.

Thanks again, Aaron, and congratulations.

Johanna, the "redneck" belts with the name on the back...those ain't "redneck" around here...those are dress belts...lol

I shipped it. Regular post. Probably see it within a week.

re snipe: this ain't ebay but just wait until somebody writes a LW script to beat other bids for these kind of things...lol

I shipped it. Regular post. Probably see it within a week.

I will be looking for it. I am going to donate it to the local Tandy to put up on the wall with the rest of the "historic" stuff they have.