Johnny B

Newbie here with 1st knife sheath.

My first attemp at a sheath. I am getting more serious about knife making and leather work goes hand in hand with this. Up till now I have only made a few belts and a couple of rifle slings. I am trying to learn the art of carving leather now. This is gonna take some time.

BuffaloSkinner2.jpg

BuffaloSkinner3.jpg

Edited by Johnny B

My first attemp at a sheath. I am getting more serious about knife making and leather work goes hand in hand with this. Up till now I have only made a few belts and a couple of rifle slings. I am trying to learn the art of carving leather now. This is gonna take some time.

Cool looking sheath for first try, Johnny.

Tooling? Just keep pounding, you’ll get there J

rhona

Baguio, Philippines

BuffaloSkinner2.jpg

BuffaloSkinner3.jpg

Johnny B.

We all have had our first project. A journey always starts with the first step. My first step into leather crafts was in the 1950s. The journey has not been a continuous one. I got back into it in the 1970s and again in the 1990s. I plan on stay with it now since this is what I want to do after I retire this year. I must admit that having this site to share the journey with others has really helped. It has shown me so many different forms of leather crafts that I never knew existed. I have also fund that the folks on this forum are so willing to help others. I know this is a belated welcome but I hope you stay and join in.

Bill B

Hi,Iam nextdoor in Rock Hill and Iam a newbe myself.This is the place to learn.If I can help,let me know.Old navy

I am also new, many thanks to those who help us get started. I have been at it for a few months now and like it. I always enjoyed working with my hands and tools. Life has a way of changing as we get older. Hang in there one step at a time. I got aTippmann Boss in yesterday. Yes I know problems, but I like mine so far. Life is always how a person handles problems, I am no diffrent. One step at a time.

Have a big smile to all Ronald

BigSmileLeatherSmithLLC on Facebook. Come by and sit a spell.