I finally got caught up enough to build a sheath for me. I've had this beautiful Dave Kelly Fighter for about 6 weeks and needed to get something done for it. Alligator belly centerline overlays on Wickett and Craig chestnut.

Paul

DAK_Fighter_3.jpg

DAK_Fighter_4.jpg

DAK_Fighter_2.jpg

post-4812-1221179112_thumb.jpg

post-4812-1221179140_thumb.jpg

post-4812-1221179157_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! The alligator just jumps it up to the excellent level.

Can't figure the straplock system. 1st picture shows it off to the side, the other shows two crisscrossed.

And where did you get that post!

Beautiful knife and sheath Paul. It really looks great.

Where did you get that button stud? I haven't seen any that nice.

ArtS

Beautiful! The alligator just jumps it up to the excellent level.

Can't figure the straplock system. 1st picture shows it off to the side, the other shows two crisscrossed.

And where did you get that post!

It's a strap that hooks to the post, wraps around the butt of the knife, and hooks to the post again. I think it was tucked under the sheath in the first pic.

so it's not connected to the sheath at all?

ArtS

so it's not connected to the sheath at all?

ArtS

I don't think so... but I'm not the one who made it. I can only stand in awe.

I don't think so... but I'm not the one who made it. I can only stand in awe.

Well I typed a long answer for you guys and just as I hit the button the site server crashed temporarily, so now here's the short version.

The stud is custom made and was a gift from a good friend. Don't know the exact cost but it was expensive.

The "Bow Tie" retention strap is something I thought up about 9 months ago or so. I needed something that would work with guardless knives or knives with one side guards. If you are forced to attach the strap on a sheath for a single guard knife, 90% of the time you are forced to position it in harm's way on the sharp side where it WILL be cut sooner or later. This little rig removes either right or left and can be removed completely if you want to. In field use just diconnect one side and let the other side hang from the front of the sheath by the Sam Browne stud (Tandy/LF). It is handy and very secure and has become a real favorite with my clients. If you like the idea, please feel free to copy it, improve it, whatever.

Paul

Great looking sheath! The straplock is a gorgeous detail that takes it up a few notches, anyone would be proud to wear this sheath :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Like the others say, the post itself is very beautiful and the strap itself is just as good looking. Top notch!

Tom