I'm new to leather working and was curious to what kind of finish this guy was making. Could any one provide any insight?

Its at minute 2:38...

Thanks!

Looks like Bees wax and oil probably neetsfoot oil, however looking at the cap he was using it could even have been olive oil. I usually use neatsfootwhen I make a batch like that. Hardened into the round block. Spread on then buffed by hand

Oh ok, thanks!

Do you mind me asking what recipie you use for that? What do you use to buff it off with and what kind of finish does that leave?

Thanks again!

50/50 by weight. His looks like he uses a little less oil and ends up closer to shoe policsh consistency then rubs it on (you will want to let it set up a little) the buffs it out. Similar products, Skidmores leather cream a mix of oils and beeswax, Montan pitch blend a mix of bees wax oils and pine pitch. As to the finish it is a mellow glow. I use it on gun belts and holsters, espescially where a period correct finish for the 1800's is needed. If you want more shine top coat it with Kiwi neatral shoe polish.

Edited by camano ridge