Turn n Burn

Sheath Done Now To Finish The Knife

A knife i made a while back and had to make a sheath for it and the leather took over as a hobby need to finish this off about 1" thick of welts tapered down to about a 1/2" knife is o1 steel and ebony scales with 304 ss bolsters mostly made with files as i dont have a belt sander yet. post-41644-0-11213400-1409293428_thumb.j

Hahaha....sounds like my story....used to make knives with a few files only!! The one day needed a knife sheat and had to make one....then I made another one and one more.....tossed the knife making and fooling around with leather ever since ( 30 years...)

Like the sheat and the knife....keep it coming...the knives too....haha...

Jimboob

Thanks "Jimboob" lol I have always wanted to make knives but for some reason they wouldn't let me in Jr high shop class. Im a welder by trade so has taught me about steel and have put slot of time studying about knife making i also metal polished for years so have lots to go off for the knife making. Also make pens for a while but my tools were ruined in the floods here in Calgary lst year. Did phyrography for awhile too and still have all my equipment funny how it all lends its abilities to leather work. Even airbrushed for awhile but never got the results i was looking for. Two years of leather and i know i have found my art. Want to make more knives for leather as well as awl blades