Sign in to follow this  
Skidder

Stitching Pony

FYI - I've been working on building a stitching horse/pony for working on saddles. I want one that's versatile and will function as a saddle stand with an attachment for hand sewing. In my quest for parts and ideas, I came across a wood carving base that will rotate and tilt to almost any angle. The cool part is it has a flat top with slots where I can attach various items if I desire which means, I can build a piece to function like Stohlman's "Old George" and clamp saddles in it, or build a stitching pony/clamp to attach and hold leather at any angle as well. If anyone is interested, you can find the base through Rockler wood working supplies. If I get it worked out and put together, I'll post pictures of how I build it if anyone is interested as well.

Okay!

Thanks for the great news. clapping.gif I could really use a stitching horse with that kind of versatility.

Once I get to Rockler's site, exactly what is it called that I am looking for?

Sparks

FYI - I've been working on building a stitching horse/pony for working on saddles. I want one that's versatile and will function as a saddle stand with an attachment for hand sewing. In my quest for parts and ideas, I came across a wood carving base that will rotate and tilt to almost any angle. The cool part is it has a flat top with slots where I can attach various items if I desire which means, I can build a piece to function like Stohlman's "Old George" and clamp saddles in it, or build a stitching pony/clamp to attach and hold leather at any angle as well. If anyone is interested, you can find the base through Rockler wood working supplies. If I get it worked out and put together, I'll post pictures of how I build it if anyone is interested as well.