Sign in to follow this  
Alison

Hello From England

Heya. i stumlbed across this forum as i was looking up sewing machines, and thought id pop in and say hello.

My name is Alison, im 22 from england. im currently in my first year of Saddlery training at Capel Manor College in Enfield (north london, uk).

Im eventually hoping to have my own Saddlery, however starting up is going to take a while. im getting little bits of work in, but im so busy trying to keep up at college i dont have much time to take work on at the moment.

Ive only been doing this since september and i completely love it, even when its painful (my hand still hurts from shoving a glovers needle into it a few days ago :P). I might even be brave enough to put some pictures up once ive got some more things finished, im in the middle of making a saddle at the moment, and as im discovering, hand stitching a saddle pannel takes far too long :P

looking forward to meeting people on here, the work ive seen photos of looks amazing and i cant wait till i can make someting anywhere near that standard :P

Alison

Hi Alison and welcome to the forum!

This is a great place to learn about leatherwork.

There's a surprising amount of brits joining in the last couple of months! =)

welcome to the forum, this place is full of people who know their stuff and everyone is happy to help.

Pip

Welcome to the forum! I've learnt a lot by joining this forum, I was a newbie when I joined and it would have taken me a lot longer to learn what I know now if it wasnt for this place:)