lranger

Interesting Ways To Get Leatherwork Jobs

I live in a very remote location in the Littlebelt Mountains, in NW Central Montana. I get snowed in once the snow starts, and can only get in and out by 4-wheeler pretty quick.

This morning, a hunter came walking in because he was stuck in the snow a couple of miles from here. He was looking around while he was here, saw my wool lined mocs, and gave me a $100.00 deposit to make him a pair.

I had sent the first woman's handbag that I ever made to New York to a friend. A friend of her's saw it and was so blown away that she wants bags made for herself and friends. No telling how many I'll sell from that. It's amazing. There must be a lot of people out there that appreciate hand made leather products and are more than willing to pay a good, fair price for it. My friend told me that if I'd make them and send them to her, they'd sell themselves. She may be right.

It's encouraging.

Keith

Keep it up I still receive orders 3 months after my craft show and now starting to get repeat orders for Christmas items, keep working it.

I've gotten a few jobs from the internet forums I belong to and that seems to be going pretty well. Have 2 I'm working on right now as a matter of fact. I've also gotten some contract work from the guys at work, working on a belt slide holster for a 1911 right now also. Generally I let the work find me since I'm doing it more for the experience than for anything else.

Stu

Awesome.