I started watching YouTube videos of leathercraft several weeks ago and I just love the idea of working with leather. I have not even made a "Project" yet but I did pick up a bag of remnants at the loca Hobby Lobby and a basketweave stamp and thought I would share my first practice run. Nothing special here but it was my first real attempt to do anything beyond cutting a strip of leather for a bookmark.

I cased this with hot water out of my Keurig, that seems to work pretty well and then stamped the angle weave onto the leather. Once done I put some leather conditioner on it and it didn't seem too embarrassing but was far from great.

I have a lot of tools on my wishlist for Christmas and plan to keep picking stuff up over time. So far since I am over three hours from a Tandy Amazon seems to be about the best source for tools beyond the items I can repurpose from the harbor freight.

Are there books that show various stamping techniques and patterns that you all recommend or find to just be the best?

Thanks for being there guys. I learn so much from reading your posts.

Eric

I would suggest that you go here for books and supplies:

springfieldleather.com

They have everything you need and more.