Sign in to follow this  
Chavez

Ww2 Military Bag Patterns?

Hi All,

I've taken up skeet and I am looking to make myself an ammo bag for the shells. I am thinking of making one of the ww2 bags, either a historically accurate one (if such pattern are available) or a slightly modified design.

Does anyone have any relevant patterns?

Thank you!

M1 ammunition bag seems easy to make. Would load a picture but don't know how. I don't know of any patterns out there. But you could get one and tear it apart to make a pattern. john.

Edited by johnggrg

You can upload a picture by clicking on the "gallery" link at the top of the page.

For a pattern, I saw a guy selling a CD of a bunch of military technical drawings from Rock Island Arsenal...there's probably dimensions of ammo cases in there...I couldn't bring myself to give him money for US government documents that ought to be free, so I didn't buy one...

Then again...maybe I will...I have an idea for what to do with those, now that I think about it...

Edited by TXAG

Think of it like this your not paying for the content your paying for the work done to put the content on the cd and the cd. He had to find all that info, combine it, format it, organize it, burn it, label it and sell it.

What I do is a lot different than scanning a few pages into a scanner.

And I'm not gonna sit here and have an argument on here about this. You want to go pay that idiot for documents that are public documents that taxpayers paid for, go right ahead.

I'm just not stupid enough to do that. I'll just go find a place that has them online and download them there and no they're not copyrighted because they are government documents...before anyone starts whining about that.

I did in deed pay for a disc of old military manuals the twenty bucks were well worth the time and having to look at a single location when I need info that is contained there. It was more than a few pages it was thousands of pages that were searchable, collated, and in a neat and orderly publication. I guess you wouldn't pay a photographer for a photo that you could take either

I guess you wouldn't pay a photographer for a photo that you could take either

Nope. Sure wouldn't. I'm a professional photographer also, so I'd probably do a better job than he would anyway.

I'm done talking about this unless you're going to insist on continuing to beat a dead horse...