Sign in to follow this  
curlyjo

New Bosal

I just finished a 5/8" 12 strand rawhide and roo bosal over a rawhide core. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Brad

post-15104-064771900 1333906737_thumb.jp

Edited by curlyjo

Brad

From what I can see it looks nice. But I'am unable to make the picture any larger.

Mike

Lets hope this is larger.

P1000615.jpg

Brad

That's alot better pic. But I still can't find any fault with it. Great job!

Mike

good job Brad- i like the colors and your straight braiding...

Nice job Brad. You might want to get the braiding straighter on the bars. I like the pattern change on the nose button. I'd try and get the nose button button smoother, from the picture it looks bigger on the ends and tapers towards the middle. Tthe side buttons, if they are to be more than ring knots, I think should be in porportion to the nose button. Meaning they'd look a little better with some ground work. I know people have different preferences but on these hackmores with thicker bars I like the heel knot to be bigger as well. I think it looks better and adds some more weight to help with the function as well. I don't know how many of these you've made but overall it looks like a sturdy piece of working gear that most any one would be happy to have.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I appreciate your suggestions and will work some in on the next one. That Bosal went to Washington State and so far horses and new owner are pleased. Brad