Sign in to follow this  
CliffFendley

Questions about Singer 241-12

Does anyone here know anything about a Singer 241-12? I ran into a guy locally that was looking at my leather work and said he had one he would like to sell. He said he knows nothing about sewing machines and had hardly used it but had gotten it through an estate deal or something and the man that had it had used it for leather and such.

The guy said he would take a hundred bucks for it and everything he had with it just to mostly get it out of his way because he has no plans to use it. Is this model even worth looking at and what should we look for when we go see it? A guy I work with does upholstery work with his wife and knows quite a bit about machines and would go look at it with me.

Thanks for any input.

Does anyone here know anything about a Singer 241-12? I ran into a guy locally that was looking at my leather work and said he had one he would like to sell. He said he knows nothing about sewing machines and had hardly used it but had gotten it through an estate deal or something and the man that had it had used it for leather and such.

The guy said he would take a hundred bucks for it and everything he had with it just to mostly get it out of his way because he has no plans to use it. Is this model even worth looking at and what should we look for when we go see it? A guy I work with does upholstery work with his wife and knows quite a bit about machines and would go look at it with me.

Thanks for any input.

A Singer 241-12 was a fine, for its day, high speed lockstitch dressermaker industrial/factory sewing machine with a fully automation lubrication system. The machine was first released by The Singer Company about 1929. It was a good machine for lightweight woven fabrics and has been replaced by the Singer 251, then 281, then 291, then 491, and now by all of the other similar high speed lockstitch type factory production sewing machines.