Matt T

Paper-Thin Calf Leather?

I have some veg tanned goat that is wonderfull. Very strong, nice and firm, plenty stiff, feels awsome. It ozes quality. It is used in bookbinding. Not cheap.

7.50 ft #2 Caramel Smooth Goat

Steven Siegel s.siegel@siegelofca.com

Edited by electrathon

Elect ration, are you Siegel of California? I'm confused cause I thought they went out of business? If not, are they still distributing?

Andrew

He has moved back east. His California shop is gone. I think he narrowed his busness to mainly bookbinding and runs out his home now. I just got the hides a week ago.

Aaron

If you are looking for something a little less $$. Springfield leather carries all kinds of stuff

Also, the hidehouse in Napa, CA has a veg tan kip skin. It's calf skin so it's in the 2-3oz range and the look and feel of it is like your typical veg tan skins. Not sure if that's thin enough for your needs.

Andrew

If you are looking for something a little less $$. Springfield leather carries all kinds of stuff

Yeah, that might work normally, but I'm making some wallets from alligator skin ($$$)

I'll look in my mess and see if I can find some samples of goatskin and calf leather from France. Very nice, supple, thin, delicate and totally useless for what I'm doing right now - which is mostly belts and bags.

But if I were doing finer leathergoods I would order from some of these tanneries