Who makes a handle that will fit a Douglas diamond awl (besides Douglas tools), and contact info?

I wondered that same thing when I decided to buy his awl blade.....common sense kinda kicked in and I decided that only his hafts were gonna work properly with his blades.....

I bought both and don't regret it one bit....he'll stand behind both....if you use his blade in another haft and things don't work out.....???? What would you do?

All he has in stock right now is small ones. A month or so before any medium size are in stock. I seen in another thread someone mentioned another haft that worked well with Douglas awls.

Steve, please let me know if you find one.....I love his blades and I want to get another one, but I really don't need another $70 haft.

Barry King makes a half that fits the Douglas diamond awl, he has 2 sizes large and small, i bought the large and he also send 2 collets with it...The handle is made of Cocobolo and is beautiful.....

http://www.barrykingtools.com/handtools.htm

Thanks Tomcat, that'll work for me....

You're welcome Rayban, you won't be sorry, the collet will tighten down to zero.....

Yup, me too. Just what I was looking for.

I bought a small Barry King haft a couple of weeks ago to replace my old CS Osborne that just broke down on me. Thus far I've only used it on one small project, but I am impressed with it and look forward to getting several years of use out of it. I think it was about $40 shipped to my house.

Edited by ArcherBen

Thanks Ben, I'm gonna order me one as soon as I get back from the Blade Show, if I have any $$$$ left.

No problem. I really wanted to buy a Bob Douglass Haft (I've thoroughly enjoyed the few other tools I've bought from him) but was in a hurry to finish a project and short on funds at the time, and at Barry's price I just had to try it. I still may order one of Bob's when funds are more plentiful, simply so I can compare the two and have a backup. It was a really helpless feeling having a broken awl haft and a deadline to hit.