TTcustom

New Bouncers

Found some door knobs and made myself a bouncer. Liked the results so I tried a different version.

Porcelain bouncer with walnut handle 02.jpg

Porcelain bouncer with walnut handle 01.jpg

Blue porcelain bouncer.jpg

Porcelain bouncers.jpg

post-11332-127224627905_thumb.jpg

post-11332-127224629797_thumb.jpg

post-11332-12722463223_thumb.jpg

post-11332-127224634297_thumb.jpg

Nice work Tim.

Thanks Mark. You coming in for a wednesday night bull session?

They Look great Tim.

Those look cool... I just don't know what a bouncer is. So... what are they used for? :unsure:

-Andy

Those look cool... I just don't know what a bouncer is. So... what are they used for? :unsure:

-Andy

Hi Andy the bouncer is used in forming the seat and gullet of a saddle. Kind of like a big round slicker tool for stretching and smoothing the leather into the curved shapes.

Maybe someone else can give a better description.

Hi Andy the bouncer is used in forming the seat and gullet of a saddle. Kind of like a big round slicker tool for stretching and smoothing the leather into the curved shapes.

Maybe someone else can give a better description.

OK Gotcha. I'm sure it's a lot easier/better than using your hand. I learn something new everyday!

-A

Tim, Nice work.. Did you turn your own handles.I have been looking for some door knobs so I can make some but they are getting harder to find. lol Gary

Tim, Nice work.. Did you turn your own handles.I have been looking for some door knobs so I can make some but they are getting harder to find. lol Gary

Gary,

I did turn my own handles but I am not really adept at that skill. I was pleased at how it turned out though. I found a online source for these reproduction antique porcelain door knobs.

Gary,

I did turn my own handles but I am not really adept at that skill. I was pleased at how it turned out though. I found a online source for these reproduction antique porcelain door knobs.

Tim, Here are a couple that I have made in the last couple of days., The larger flatter one is a porcelain cabinet knob and the other rounder one is an ivory knob that i found. I have several of them since i found out they are real ivory I am slowly buying them all up at the resell store(a store that resells items from a house that has been renevated or torn down and the parts salvaged.). They do not know they are ivory and i have not told them yet or the price will go up 10 fold. I turn the handles out of bubinga and use a brass compression fitting and turn it on my lather after I have turned the hande enough to place it on and keep it in place by drilling it and then screwing the knob into the handle with a little super glue to keep it in place . then I finish turning the handle. I think they come out nice and I have you to thank. Had you not put your pics up I would not have went to the resell store looking for door knobs. so Thanks alot for the insperation. I have a couple of people that are wanting some so I guess I will make some and see if i can sell them. Gary

0514101037.jpg

post-12512-127387590974_thumb.jpg