Sign in to follow this  
Davaris

Making Protective Case for Tablet PC

Hi,

I've just bought a tablet PC and want to protect it, so I thought I'd make a custom tablet PC holder and learn some leather working at the same time. :)

Here's what I need to protect:

31391885-320-0-19513-20060531_123125-320x240.jpg

and what I want to do is make a case similar to this style of leather case for an Ipod.

Ipod cover

What I want is a case with a flip top cover and the ability to slide the PC in and out and be sure it will not fall out. Another thing I'll need is holes for buttons and cooling vents and they will need to stay where they are and not stretch out of place.

The dimensions of the tablet PC are 11.6 inches long, 9.5 inches wide, and 0.7 inch thick. Its weight is 3.3-pounds.

The first thing I'd like to ask is what sort of leather should I buy? Are there particular grades of leather that would suit something like this?

try and google "Motion Bump Case" and see what comes up. I had one of those from work and they issued us bump cases. You might find it is cheaper on ebay, really. Or at least buy one cheap and use is as a template. It is kinda neat, it has a metal bracket sewn to the back that allows it to sit up like a picture frame.

Good luck.

try and google "Motion Bump Case" and see what comes up. I had one of those from work and they issued us bump cases. You might find it is cheaper on ebay, really. Or at least buy one cheap and use is as a template. It is kinda neat, it has a metal bracket sewn to the back that allows it to sit up like a picture frame.

Good luck.

I've seen them, but I don't like them as they are so artificial. I want to make my own case and carve a picture on it like some of the artists here. Imagine having a custom case with a cool picture on it that you made yourself? :)

I've seen them, but I don't like them as they are so artificial. I want to make my own case and carve a picture on it like some of the artists here. Imagine having a custom case with a cool picture on it that you made yourself? :)

Yea, but at least use it to get some ideas or even a pattern template. I understand what you are saying, just an idea. Good luck