Ferg

Singer 29K51

Can anyone tell me what this old machine is worth? No table and no treadle. Probably needs work, Duh! Has knob on wheel to use as a manual machine. Casting looks to be good shape.

ferg

Can anyone tell me what this old machine is worth? No table and no treadle. Probably needs work, Duh! Has knob on wheel to use as a manual machine. Casting looks to be good shape.

ferg

Offer $100. If the seller agrees take it home, clean it up and begin restoring it. Singer short arm K series patchers can only sew a bit over 5/16" of leather. The stitch length is going to be very short at that thickness. You may need to rebuild the moving parts inside the butterfly ring to restore normal stitch length capacity.

This model uses the small bobbin and is best suited to #69 thread, or maybe #92.

The Singer 29 patchers are designed to patch shoes and boots. They feed via teeth on the bottom of the pressor foot. There is no feed dog to assist moving the material.

Offer $100. If the seller agrees take it home, clean it up and begin restoring it. Singer short arm K series patchers can only sew a bit over 5/16" of leather. The stitch length is going to be very short at that thickness. You may need to rebuild the moving parts inside the butterfly ring to restore normal stitch length capacity.

This model uses the small bobbin and is best suited to #69 thread, or maybe #92.

The Singer 29 patchers are designed to patch shoes and boots. They feed via teeth on the bottom of the pressor foot. There is no feed dog to assist moving the material.

Thanks, Exactly what I wanted to know.

ferg

Hey Guys,

A word for the wise,the 29K51,53,56 all have real small & brittle gears in them that have been obsolete over 30 yrs.I get alot of calls for people wanting gears for them & have to tell them they have a parts machine.All the upper head parts are the same as the 29K58,71,71 which have larger gears in them that you can still buy & use this for parts.

Hope this helps,

Bob