Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

Does anybody make stampede strings???

.......cause if you do I need to buy a set for a new hat that is on its way.

and rather than buy the commercially available everywhere horse hair shoo fly ones, I thought it would be great to have a set made by one of our members.

Keep it local if you know what I mean.

Horse hair would be fine but I was thinking more along the lines of leather or rawhide.

So if anybody can make me a set, please let me know!!!

thanks

Tim

Edited by Timbo

I just did one for a customer and I posted the pictures in this thread: Hatband and Stampede String however if you need it right away I am not your person. I am generally backed up with orders such that it can take me 3 to 4 weeks to get a project shipped.

You might want to check out my website and see if you generally like my work, and then contact me privately if you are still interested. (There are no stampede strings on there, you would just generally be seeing if you like my work.) But again, I can be pretty backed up, and actually am right now. I like to get stuff out in only one or two weeks but that is not possible at this time.

In case you or someone else does not know, you can find my website by clicking on my username and looking at my profile.

if you are still looking for a stampede string let me know.

i dont normally make stampede strings, they arent popular here, but have made a few. i braid in kangaroo, current colors include black, chocolate, whiskey, saddle tan and natural. there are many options, ie # of strands, knots, multiple colors, horsehair tassels etc

im trying to post pictures of some of my work but my computer is not cooperating tonight, will keep trying though.

tracy

.......cause if you do I need to buy a set for a new hat that is on its way.

and rather than buy the commercially available everywhere horse hair shoo fly ones, I thought it would be great to have a set made by one of our members.

Keep it local if you know what I mean.

Horse hair would be fine but I was thinking more along the lines of leather or rawhide.

So if anybody can make me a set, please let me know!!!

thanks

Tim

Tim: I braid stampede strings, I don't have any photos, but should have after Christmas. I use kangaroo lace, with horsehair tassles. I have two different styles, I will post photos asap. Jill

Tim

If your still looking for someone to make you a stampede string give me a holler through the pm. I can braid it out of roo or rawhide or a combo.

Thanks, Mike

I braid them too. I love hats, so I love stampede strings and hat bands. I have several colors to choose from too. I make them with button holes and cotter pins for attaching. Here is a sample of each but I have made a few with more buttons. As much as I love horse hair though I don't touch it, my skin hates it.

smallstring1.jpg

And here is one with a cotter pin...

smallstring2.jpg

It's a little busy I know, not quite what I was expecting, but someday someone will show up that loves it.

Oh and no fine hat is complete without a fine kangaroo hat band... :whistle:

smallstring3.jpg

Edited by entiendo

We must have scared the poor guy off... either that, or that hat is taking a really l o o o o o n g time to arrive... ;)

Looks like a lot of people make stampede strings. Nice work, entiendo!