Hi all,

I just placed an order on turtlefeathers.net for a few Angelus dyes.... turns out I've ordered acrylic paints by mistake. I'm alright with that as I will be able to use them at some point but I am wondering if I will be able to cover them with Fiebing's USMC Black?

I am going to be airbrushing flames into a wallet design and am planning on using a paint brush to do some detailed dying between the flames with the USMC Black. This will cover up the over-spray and give me a nice clean image (hopefully...). I just need to know if the dye will actually cover the acrylic or not. If it won't I'm going to place an order for the colored dyes with Springfield...

As always, thanks for the help.

What little experience I have with them, . . . paint will cover dye, . . . block it out, . . . dye will NOT cover paint.

What I usually do is dye the whole thing whatever color the background will need to be, . . . then paint in the other parts.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-71139300-1392659537_thumb.jp

Dwight is absolutely right. The acrylic will form a barrier between the dye and the leather.