Sign in to follow this  
cleveland

Blue Gun Vs Aluminum Cast, What Is Better?

I can't really say that one is better than the other. There are those that say that Duncan's (aluminum) were getting poor in quality so most were going for the Blue Guns. I have some of both and my Blue Guns are more detailed. I have heard that some makers wear out the blue guns (I am not sure how) but I have heard that, but this was by some makers that were doing very high volume so maybe that's the issue.

I am in the process of ordering from Lindell's (aluminum) in Kansas City. I hopefully will get one in the next couple days and I will be able to share back with everyone the quality and cost.

I am in the process of ordering from Lindell's (aluminum) in Kansas City. I hopefully will get one in the next couple days and I will be able to share back with everyone the quality and cost.

Please do!

Also, and word on the quality of Botach Tactical? The are only $35 new! I have to believe that there is a reason the price is so low.

http://www.botachtactical.com/blueguns.html

Please do!

Also, and word on the quality of Botach Tactical? The are only $35 new! I have to believe that there is a reason the price is so low.

http://www.botachtac...m/blueguns.html

I've ordered several Blue Guns from Botach, since they are close to me and I can get them in a couple of days. The only thing is they have the blue final coat on them, which comes off easily when wet. You'll need to strip that before using them. It's really easy to do. I just spray the gun with alcohol and wipe it off with a paper towel. Usually takes 2-3 minutes to clean it all off. If you order directly from Rings, you can request that they leave the coating off. However, they are more expensive.

I haven't tried aluminum dummies, so can't comment on them.

I have mostly blue guns from Rings, with a few aluminum dummies from Duncan. If an identical dummy is available from Rings and Duncan, I will choose the Rings dummy every time because I like the detail of the Rings dummies better. If Duncan has something that I need that Rings doesn't carry, I have no problem buying the Duncan dummy.

I prefer the alum vs the rings. The alum dummys usually need a little dremel work when you get them but they last forever. The plastic ones seem to crack on me after so many presses. Especially ones with thin trigger guards...EX 1911's I also like to use removable machined sight tracks which usually put a hurting on the front sights of the plastic dummys.

I go both ways on this. Most of the Duncans I've ordered have been pretty good quality wise. I just received a P30 which is kind of a mess, surprised they sent it out that way. It bothers me that most if not al of the SAO guns I got from Duncans were not cocked and locked. I had one Rings that was cocked but not locked. On those I end up drilling them out and installing a safety myself.

I have broken a trigger guard in my press on one Rings so far, broke off a safety on a 1911. I by all of mine right from Rings. I started with Botach but they burned me a few times saying they had them in stock and sometime it was 3-4 weeks to get it. I can't imagine how that happens since I could call Rings and get it coming the next day, or maybe 2-3 days if I didn't want the finish. I'l gladly give John the Extra $10.

Duncan's charges a fair amount less on Shipping.

I've tried to do business with Lindell's. Talked to her once after many attempts. She was going to send me a price list and model list but she never did. I couldn't get ahold of her after that. I'd still like to see what they have available. If you get good contact info for them I would appreciate it.

I've also used ASP Red Guns on some hard to find stuff too. Gen II G19, P2000sk. Only $25 too when you buy wholesale.

Here is the Glock 19 I just bought from Lindells.

post-5907-036170800 1310677756_thumb.jpg

I am very pleased with the quality as the one I previously bought from Duncan's had voids in places.

Since I live nearby I went and visted Mr Lindell. He is a very nice man and likes to talk. I wish I had more time that day to visit.

Mr Lindell is very busy with NLETC and this is a side business. His daughter helps part time and would explain why contact may seem sporadic.

I asked Mr Lindell about future orders and he said to just call and leave a message.

His daughter runs the orders and the billing so turn around I would imagine will be a couple days.

Cost is $34.75 plus $5 shipping and handling.

Contact Info:

Orders:

800-662-8022

816-531-5750

816-531-5916 (fax)

Email:

traingingguns@kc.rr.com

Mailing address:

L.A. Training Guns, Inc.

4948 Westwood Road

Kansas City, MO 64112

Here are the models that are listed on their literature:

post-5907-001162100 1310677772_thumb.jpg

Has anyone had problems with the blue coloring coming off on the inside of your holster?

That will happen. If you order them direct from Rings you can specify that you want it without the blue finish and this will not happen. If you buy them elsewhere, you can wash them, I don't remember what people are using to do so, but it will come off. Someone might chime in.

It seems to me that the choices are interesting but limited. I wonder has anyone seen the 3D printing now available? Check out this youtube video www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw. I have no idea the cost but it is certainly cool.

It seems to me that the choices are interesting but limited. I wonder has anyone seen the 3D printing now available? Check out this youtube video www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw. I have no idea the cost but it is certainly cool.

Cost is the problem. The machines are very expensive and for an item the size of a gun you can pay as much as $150 to have it printed. Plus, you would have to have a 3d scanner as well or pay somebody to create a digital model for each individual gun.

That will happen. If you order them direct from Rings you can specify that you want it without the blue finish and this will not happen. If you buy them elsewhere, you can wash them, I don't remember what people are using to do so, but it will come off. Someone might chime in.

I use Denatured Alcohol to remove the final blue coat. I'm sure any solvent will work, I just happen to have quite of bit of alcohol to dilute dye. I just spray it on the gun, then wipe it off with a paper towel. It comes right off. Usually spend less than 3 minutes cleaning each new blue gun and they are ready to use.