Jarednem

Heavy Duty Elastic Strap?

I work in the oil and gas industry and I make tally book covers that include an elastic strap. Over time the elastic gets worn out and starts sagging, I know that the kind I use probably isn't the highest quality.

Does anyone know where to get and what type is the most heavy duty/ durable/ high quality elastic strap?

Edited by Jarednem

Ive never used theirs, but it is heavy duty http://www.strapworks.com/Elastic_p/e.htm

Bear in the stretch is from rubber, so over time it will still lose its memory, be it from age or climate, some more than others of course.

When you are making things that have what I term expendable parts, you need to design it so that parts that can wear out can be easily replaced.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck for the advise! I will strongly consider a replaceable strap. Back the drawing board!

We use heavy duty elastic web for saddlery, it's heavy enough for horses (used on elasticated girths and brushing boots)

Would that be any good?

Here:

heavydutyelastic_zps1a8a1ff7.jpg[/url]

Oz

I work in the oil and gas industry and I make tally book covers that include an elastic strap. Over time the elastic gets worn out and starts sagging, I know that the kind I use probably isn't the highest quality.

Does anyone know where to get and what type is the most heavy duty/ durable/ high quality elastic strap

Oil and Gas Industry ?? Hmmmm, you do realize that odor you smell there is due to the presence of hydrcarbons in the air around you? And those same molecules in the air will also degrade normal elastics in time? I should think that you would want to use a neoprene elastic, or another type that is oil-resistant, just as the soles of your boots are.

Oil and Gas Industry ?? Hmmmm, you do realize that odor you smell there is due to the presence of hydrcarbons in the air around you? And those same molecules in the air will also degrade normal elastics in time? I should think that you would want to use a neoprene elastic, or another type that is oil-resistant, just as the soles of your boots are.

Ok, thanks for that gem of wisdom. To be honest I don't know if your comment was a sarcastic comment or not, I don't know what type of person you are. I found it to be a little rude. Do you have something again the industry i'm in? That's what i'm getting out of your reply. Anyways, not many companies that I have looked at have any thing better than braided that is smaller than 3/4"

We use heavy duty elastic web for saddlery, it's heavy enough for horses (used on elasticated girths and brushing boots)

Would that be any good?

Here:

heavydutyelastic_zps1a8a1ff7.jpg[/url]

Oz

The width i'm looking for is 3/8 to 1/2, if they make it in those sizes.

The width i'm looking for is 3/8 to 1/2, if they make it in those sizes.

In that style they do from 5/8" to 3" in various colours.

http://www.abbeyengland.com/Store/tabid/77/CategoryID/181/Category2ID/58/List/1/Level/2/ProductID/68949/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

There is a lighter elastic which I use in my products that is 3/8" upwards they call it light but as it's designed for the saddlery trade it's still quite heavy and hard wearing

http://www.abbeyengland.com/Store/tabid/77/CategoryID/181/Category2ID/58/List/1/Level/2/ProductID/68806/language/en-GB/Default.aspx