tbl_zpsdryyv0u3.jpg

OFFICER DOWN! Last night we (Utah) had two deputies gunned down. One has passed away the other is in critical condition. As I was watching the news I thought I should make a holster (black with blue stitching) and send it to the department to be auctioned off and all proceeds go to the families. My problem is I can not find the right color blue thread! I have some dark blue but gets lost in the black. Can anyone help me with this project? Any leads on waxed nylon thread would be awesome. Thanks and God bless.

Check this site http://www.thethreadexchange.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TTE&Category_Code=waxed-thread-size-277 there are a couple shades of blue not sure how accurate the screen color is.

That's a very cool idea glockanator. It sucks losing an officer and this would be a nice gesture.

Maine thread. I've used the 3 ply, it was a bit smaller than 7 cord Barbours linen, next time I'd get 4 ply.

Edited by J Hayes

I have some white thread that is not waxed. I might just give it a quick RIT dye job that way i can get the perfect color.

I actually just made one of these holsters. I used the Eco Flo Cova Color paint Royal Blue. I've attached a photo so you can see how you like it.

just noticed you were looking for thread not paints. sorry bout that

post-49187-0-86318500-1391823987_thumb.j

Edited by gamli

Gamil that is a good looking holster thanks for sharing

Thread exchange got some "royal blue" that might be what you want (?) Comes in 207 all the way up to #554 (tow rope).

http://www.thethreadexchange.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TTE&Category_Code=waxed-thread