Old Ghillie

Discontinued Craftool Saddle Stamps

Can anyone tell me where I might find several older Craftool stamps, Nos.731, 862 & 873? I have a collection of about 125 stamps, mostly older Craftools, which I might trade for these numbers or purchase otherwise.

Gary

Edited by Old Ghillie

Any other info, or a pic from a catalog to show what they look like? I have a ton of tools, and may have some of these.

Any other info, or a pic from a catalog to show what they look like? I have a ton of tools, and may have some of these.

Hi,

The #731 is a crowner, looks like a mulesfoot but half round instead of a V. About 5/16" wide. Looks like Craftool #727 but smaller.

#862 is a pear shader or thumbprint about 1/8" wide by 5/8" long with horizontal lines. I have Craftool #861 but is has verticle lines.

The other, #873, I can't remember what if is, a pattern I have obviously seen in one of my catalogues.

I think I could duplicate these tools from Barry King but thought that Craftools might be a little cheaper if I could find them.

Thanks for your interest.

Gary

Edited by Old Ghillie

Can anyone tell me where I might find several older Craftool stamps, Nos.731, 862 & 873? I have a collection of about 125 stamps, mostly older Craftools, which I might trade for these numbers or purchase otherwise.

Gary

Gary, those tools are listed on Ebay fairly often. It takes a lot of looking because so many are listed every week. Hope this helps....

Bobby

Hi Bob,

I have been following eBay for Craftool stamps but seldom see any of these vintage ones. Mine date back to the 50's.

Just saw your new slide show and your work is unbelievable. Would that I could.

Thanks,

Gary

Edited by Old Ghillie

I will take a look. May take some time to dig all of the surplus tools out.

I will take a look. May take some time to dig all of the surplus tools out.

The correct number of the last stamp is 373 not 873. It is a pear shader (or thumb print).