pete

insert for man's wallet---HELP PLEASE!!!ANYONE

My best friend bought a stingray skin and gave it to me. He wants for me to make a standard wallet with 3-4 vertical slits on each side and of course a bill slit. Standard stuff. Problem is that I can't find in insert ANYWHERE that is black! TLF Hidecrafters etc..They are all brown!!. Maybe Ohio Bag Co but I'm not a re-seller.

Could one of you find a standard black wallet insert for me. I will pay the cost and shipping gladly. I don't know what Ohio charges(if they even sell inserts) but I saw one this morning at a shoe store. She is re-selling them for $59.00.

thanks

pete

I'll send the e-mail back to you.

My best friend bought a stingray skin and gave it to me. He wants for me to make a standard wallet with 3-4 vertical slits on each side and of course a bill slit. Standard stuff. Problem is that I can't find in insert ANYWHERE that is black! TLF Hidecrafters etc..They are all brown!!. Maybe Ohio Bag Co but I'm not a re-seller.

Could one of you find a standard black wallet insert for me. I will pay the cost and shipping gladly. I don't know what Ohio charges(if they even sell inserts) but I saw one this morning at a shoe store. She is re-selling them for $59.00.

thanks

pete

I'll send the e-mail back to you.

Springfield carries some inserts in black. whether or not they're exactly what you're looking for, I don't know, but call them anyway & ask (Don't use the website- it's cumbersome & besides, you need to ask your questions to a live person, NOT a stupid computer.) Their # is 800-668-8518.

Another alternative is to get one you like in brown, cut it apart & make your own in black something or other (mission pig, or a heavier type of lining leather??? whatever...)

Edited by whinewine

Springfield carries some inserts in black. whether or not they're exactly what you're looking for, I don't know, but call them anyway & ask (Don't use the website- it's cumbersome & besides, you need to ask your questions to a live person, NOT a stupid computer.)

Another alternative is to get one you like in brown, cut it apart & make your own in black something or other (mission pig, or a heavier type of lining leather??? whatever...)

Thanks that 's what I'll probably end up doing. I just wanted to avoid rebuilding it instead of simply sewing it together!

pete

Talking to Ron at Hidecrafter's, he told me that very few companies have inserts right now, because the supplier (from Mexico) went up drastically on pricing, so Hidecrafters, Tandy, etc... only have what they had left over. No one wants to pay the astronomical costs.

Marlon

I tell you what I did once. Bought a ready made leather wallet at Marshalls and used the insert from that. I think they were $8 on sale at the time. Cheaper than buying an insert.

Try here:http://hitchingpostsupply.com/group.asp?grp=471 I haven't tried the wallet liners, but the purse liners are top rate.