BearMan

My Latest Bible Cover

Hi Everybody,,, Here is another Bible cover ready to go. A few years ago I made one like this for a Preacher so that he was able to quickly lift the Bible out while he was at the Pulpit. The tall welt holds the Bible in, as well as the notes under the flaps. They are somewhat of a pain to sew because of the welt. Thanks for looking,,, Ed

post-7175-0-59842100-1415939298_thumb.jp

post-7175-0-21686500-1415939316_thumb.jp

post-7175-0-90630700-1415939337_thumb.jp

post-7175-0-21640100-1415939351_thumb.jp

That, is thoroughly impressive.

Wonderful, wonderful!

Ed that's beautiful. Cheryl

Really nice work!

Chief

Absolutely beautiful!

Great work and interesting way of holding everything in. Never would have thought about doing that to hold the bible in during transport

Thanks for all your wonderful comments! Sorry about the delay getting back to this post,,, I didnt recieve any notifications about comments being made. Thanks Again,,, Ed

I like the idea that it looks like it was not dyed or colored. This treatment highlights your carving and tooling. Also shows you fully understand and can perform traditional Sheridan style while most of the work you have shared here is more leaf oriented. Well executed and a testament to your high skill level.

Looks really nice all 'round. Good thoughtful design, and well executed. I'm really intrigued by the curved basketweave. I don't think I've ever seen that done before!

Bill

Thanks resqman,,, seems like you know a lot about my work. Yes,,, it's true,,, I'm not biq on most of the Sheridan designs. I can do them,, they are just not my favorites. I'm a lot more for the natural designs. I'm just finishing up a wallet with lots of small & smaller leaves,,, & it has a deer on it also. I will post it once I get done with it.

Bill,,, I've been doing the curved basketweave for so long,,, doing them streight feels funny to me. Actually it's pretty easy to curve it,,, just takes a cpl techniques,,, & practice. Thanks again for all the wonderful comments! Ed

Wow stunning

BearMan --------------------------------

Absolutely Georgious !!!!!!! Your craftsmanship is wonderful, And as I see it, precisely perfect !

Thanks you so very much for sharing your Bible. ---------------------------- Wild Bill46

Thanks Again,,, Wild Bill,,, I see that you are in North Ga,,, guess where it went too?? A little south east of Lookout Mt. Coho,,, all the color is with spirit dye,,, & a couple brushes. Thanks for all the kind words!

One of the best bibel covers I have seen here....super nice work, great tooling and detailed stamping all soooo clean !! Well done !!!

Thanks Jimbob,,, I really appreciate that!

Outstanding workmanship!

Thanks Jon & Steve!! I have it's twin in the workshop right now. A person that saw this one in person insiste on the same design. The main difference is that the "twin" willo be a regular design,,, that doesnt have the big welt. Thanks Again,,, Ed

Here in Belgium we say for such a result, "Wow - that's wonderful beautiful".
There have been many hours of work.
Very nicely colored.
Beautiful finishing.