Sign in to follow this  
billsreef

Best Way To Cover A Dye Oops Moment?

Had a small splash of green dye get on an unfinished belt. Naturally this is the good spirit based stuff, and wasn't nice enough to land on a spot that I could simply work it into the design. Not sure if simply dying over it with something like a real dark brown or black would adequately hide it. So figured I'd ask for ideas before making it worse or cutting the belt down to midget size :)

gallery_20283_837_252939.jpg

although I dont have much experience I would think you could use a dark Dye over it

Had a small splash of green dye get on an unfinished belt. Naturally this is the good spirit based stuff, and wasn't nice enough to land on a spot that I could simply work it into the design. Not sure if simply dying over it with something like a real dark brown or black would adequately hide it. So figured I'd ask for ideas before making it worse or cutting the belt down to midget size :)

gallery_20283_837_252939.jpg

Oxalic Acid solution would lighten the spot but black or dark brown will definitely cover it.

Or, Green belt with black dyed details? Like doing the tooling in green and outer areas in black.

There are no accidents, only design opportunities! ;)

USMC Black will do nicely.

Looking good!