JLSleather

Tracking And/or Insurance

Honestly, I can't be the only one this irritates. There seems to be a growing number of suppliers lately with "policies" or "terms" which state that you must purchase tracking and/or insurance, or they will not be responsible for lost / damaged packages.

Just FYI for the 3 or 4 people who aren't grasping how ridiculous this is. It's simple.. if you order it, it needs to show up intact, or they owe you a refund.

What BS 'excuses" are you seeing?

It's the post office's fault, so they should pay for it.

If it was lost or damaged in the mail, that's true, they should. But they won't unless the shipper has insured the package. And if they have NOT insured the package, they owe you a refund ANYWAY. Not your problem.

You agreed to the terms of the sale, so we don't have to replace it.

Yes, they do. By accepting payment from your credit card (or PayPal, since many of us use that) they are agreeing to the terms of the payment processor. Adding in some "terms" after the fact doesn't change that agreement.

BUT, not my position to 'fix' everybody. So when I see this type of "conditions", I'm GONE -- no sale today boys 'n' girls ...

Now, keep in mind they could just jack up the price of the materials / tools to cover the tracking / ins, but some apparently think by doing it this way that what they sell APPEARS to be priced better.

Edited by JLSleather

I agree 100% it is just like the lil shop that wants to put something out on display, then it gets broken and they ask you to pay for it eeeeeeeeee no, it the chance they take and the cost of doing business just the way it is. But I suspect someone got burned?

paypal required signature confirm and insurance over a certain amount for their fraud protection to the seller. No tracking no fraud insurance. if the person says they did not receive, and you have no signature, paypal will refund the seller or force you to re-ship. Read their fraud protection policies for sellers, it is pretty ridiculous.