lrb

Posting A Photo

How do I post photos from Photo bucket onto a reply?

Click the image icon and paste the URL for that picture. Only available if you click the "more reply options" and may not be available on a tablet or smartphone.

I'm an HP, PC, and that does not work.

You are probably using the wrong link. Photobucket gives you four options. Use the "Direct" one.

Tried that before, but I'll try again.

Nope. Does not work with any of the photo bucket links.

Go to photobucket and click on your image that you want to share.

Click in the Direct box on the right side of image.

Come back to the forum and select image icon.

right click in empty box and select paste.

That worked for me...

dynamite2.jpg

There is no "direct" on the right side photo box. You have to click on share links, then you get a large separate box that gives you the options, including direct. With all other forums I have to click on IMG to copy URL. No matter which of the four options given by Photo bucket I have tried, when I come back to the reply box here, and click the image icon, I get a separate box with a place to copy the photo url. When I copy the photo url into its provided place and click yes, nothing happens. No matter which of the photo bucket options I use.

Edit... Maybe you need to click on the picture you want to share first then you should see the Direct box.. end Edit...

OK, maybe something to do with your OS and/or browser.

What OS and browser are you using, maybe I can reproduce what you are seeing..

I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome and this is what I see.

I hope this helps. Sorry for them being so big! also read the stuff next to the arrows in the images..

PB-imagecopy1.jpg

Then

PB-imagecopy2.jpg

Then go back to your thread

PB-imagecopy3.jpg

When you click on that image icon this should appear

PB-imagecopy4.jpg

Then this one.

PB-imagecopy5.jpg

At the end it should have posted your image in your thread like this...

PB-imagecopy6.jpg

Terry

Edited by terrypen

Not entirely dummy proof. That is what I've done. I have windows 7, but do not know what an OS is. Also, once that img box comes up on here, if I try to cancel it, all is lost, and I am back at the topic listing. If, after clicking yes, I leave it sitting, nothing happens no matter how long I wait. It just ignores what I have done. I also get a different photo bucket window than the one shown above. I have to click on share links in the photo, then a new window comes up with the four choices, but I have to use IMG, and not DIRECT in order to get an URL. On here, I have tried all four options to no avail. Terry, please tell me what an OS is, and I'll let you try and see what you can find out..

Edited by lrb

OS = operating system. In your case windows 7. So just the same as Terry uses. In order to help you, you could post screenshots of what you see. Just attach them to the post.

Here is what I see'

post-50103-0-26556500-1426445724_thumb.j

post-50103-0-28331600-1426445821_thumb.j

post-50103-0-28761900-1426445867_thumb.j

Yes, OS = Operating System or Windows 7 as you said!

On that first screenshot, ignore that little gear in the top right corner and actually left click on the photo and it will open a larger view and have that Direct link on the page.

Then you should be able to paste the copied URL in the little box on your second screenshot.

You are actually viewing someone else's photos and it appears to be a little different than when you are viewing your own photos.

Terry

P.S. lrb, your screenshots did it for me! It is always a good idea to post screenshots if you seem to be rehashing the same "help" and not seeing what people are telling you. You will get different "context menus" (that menu when you right-click or click on the gear) depending on what page or application page you are on... hopefully that makes sense! It made perfect sense in my mind! :taptap:

Edited by terrypen

Thor, is that guest ranch yours? OMG LOL I want to live there! I got ..... about $10!

That looks pretty nice!

BTW... Nothing concerning computers is EVER Dummy Proof, not necessarily because of New and Improved Dummies! Microsoft in their infinite wisdom thinks that we need to have a 100 different ways to view the same thing, you just get to them differently... OK it's not all Microsoft but they started it. haha I keep telling my mom that no matter how you get to something on a computer there might be several other ways to get to the same thing, do whatever works.

Edited by terrypen

On Photobucket, I just go to share links, click on the URL box next to IMG, it's says "copy" then I just paste it into the text.

threesome_zpsd380b013.jpg

No fuss no muss.

Terrypen. Another no go. Snubbyfan, that is how I do it also, on any board but this one. On here it does nothing.

How about just posting the link to it in the text? If someone wants to view it, he/she will just visit that link. Seems to be kinda odd. Or you'll grant someone remote access to your computer and let him fix it for you.