I am new to making sheaths, and I need some help. A friend of mine has started making knives and I am going to make some sheaths for him. I do upholstery work, but never made a sheath. So, could someone please help me get started with what leather to use and just the basics of building it. I hope this doesn't make me sound to dumb, but I have a mental block and I can't seem to get started. Thanks!

Read through this post, you'll find links from start to finish for knife sheaths. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19807

Charlie

Thanks a bunch!

Chuck Burrows (who hangs around this forum from time to time) has a video that is the VERY best for making sheaths. If you've never made one or if you've made them for years, you'll learn from his video. Google for it and get it. You will NOT regret the price.

I am new to making sheaths, and I need some help. A friend of mine has started making knives and I am going to make some sheaths for him. I do upholstery work, but never made a sheath. So, could someone please help me get started with what leather to use and just the basics of building it. I hope this doesn't make me sound to dumb, but I have a mental block and I can't seem to get started. Thanks!

Are you near a Tandy store? Pick this book up. It will show you how to make several different sheaths, plus it's loaded with all kinds of useful leather working info.

IMG_9887.jpg