ducjes

4 Slot Bifold Template & Directions

I've had a lot of fellow leatherworkers ask how you make a four slot bifold with minimal bulk while maintaining a slim and sleek profile. The question of the 'T' slot always comes up. I decided to put together a printable set of directions as well as a basic pattern you can cut out and use for trying it out.

I would love to get any feedback on this as well as see any results. If you're still struggling with the concept, feel free to let me know and I can try to explain further. I hope this is of some help!

Additional Link to Google Drive PDF

Thanks! Nice of you for sharing!

Karina

Thanks ducjes

24 Downloads & only 2 thanks? That's not right..

Thank you for sharing sir, that's a nice design.

My only concern would be the stitching on the inner slot making an impression on the outer slot & the constant friction from card use.

My only concern would be the stitching on the inner slot making an impression on the outer slot & the constant friction from card use.

I've sold around 40+ of a design similar to this using the 'T' slot stitched into the interior and I've never had issues with the thread making an impression on the outer card slot. A key point to remember that I didn't include in the PDF is that you should make the groove deep enough on the inner 'T' slot for the thread to lay that it wouldn't touch the outer slot (without compromising the integrity of the inner slot).

Edited by ducjes

I would also like to point out that what you're offering for free a lot of people charge for. Hopefully people will be more grateful.

I've sold around 40+ of a design similar to this using the 'T' slot stitched into the interior and I've never had issues with the thread making an impression on the outer card slot. A key point to remember that I didn't include in the PDF is that you should make the groove deep enough on the inner 'T' slot for the thread to lay that it wouldn't touch the outer slot (without compromising the integrity of the inner slot).

Its what happened to the very first wallet I ever made. The slots were made from pigskin which in hindsight was a mistake. I will now however eat humble pie & be quiet.

Many thanks for the pattern!

unlike others i'm not gonna sit here and lecture everyone else on here about what to post and not post but i do appreciate you providing the pattern. thank you for doing that.

I saw this post first on reddit.com/r/leathercraft and was super happy! I'm glad it made it over here too.

Thanks again for the free pattern.

Thanks, I'll have to give a wallet a try now. This seems like a good choice for a first one.

What weight do you all recommend for the exterior pieces, and the interior pocket pieces? I don't want it too thick from what I've read on the forum, but I don't want a "floppy" wallet either. :)

Thanks, I'll have to give a wallet a try now. This seems like a good choice for a first one.

What weight do you all recommend for the exterior pieces, and the interior pocket pieces? I don't want it too thick from what I've read on the forum, but I don't want a "floppy" wallet either. :)

If you have to go all one weight for the entire thing, I recommend 4 oz. If you have options, 5 oz for the exterior, 4 oz for the interior piece and 2.5 oz for the slots.

Nicely done pattern. Thanks for sharing

I would like to thank you

The cards in the slot in front of it would stop any impression from transferring through. The pattern I have been using lately is very similar to this design, it works well to keep the bulk down in the wallet.

And we thank you for your support.

Bartles and Jaymes:)

Thanks this is the kind of people who make this the best foram on line. Helping friends should mean as much to new and unknown friends . Just feels good to help people it pays off in the end life is short easier to be nice then mean . Thanks again I've never made one from scratch this will help. Gary

Thanks, so much, Ducjes!

Thanks for posting the pattern. I know this will help many, and give others ideas.

Excellent pattern and instructions. Thanks for the share.

Thanks............ :notworthy:

Thanks for the pattern and for the tips! Now I can give the wallet a go that I have been thinking about.