Geneva

45K21 For Sale

I have for sale a 45k21. It is a nice looking machine except it is worn out. I installed a new shuttle in it and it still will not sew.

I tried to get it to sew but to no avail. The photos show some of the problems with the machine. The "green" photo with the red circle is a tapered screw with a tapered flat spot to locate the part it holds in place this was installed incorrectly. I took the screw out and realigned the parts and put it back together. The nut in the middle photo is the opposite side of the tappered screw. Just to the left of the nut is the end of the rocking device for the shuttle drive shaft. This screw is not missing. If you remove the screw the shuttle can not be retimed. There is a tapered drive pin to the left of the screw. The only way to adjust the shuttle timing is to remove the drive pin and reinstall the screw and use the screw to hold the shaft. The new shuttle brings the hook to the middle of the needle after moving the 3/16th inch up to retard the timing the hook in just 1/16 inch to the left of the needle. This position does not allow time to form the loop to sew. Thas is as far as I have gone and am going. This is the 3rd week trying to fix this thing. I have had enough.

I did find some screws and parts that are worn and parts installed incorrectly. Some one tried to fix the machine before I bought it and failed. They probably had the same problem I have. I can't find parts for the machine. So I would like to sell it as a parts machine. It is missing the wax pot, the lifting arm for the pressor foot. It has a bobbin winder on the right side of the machine. I will take some pictures and post them. The head only is for sale not the table. I would like 350 for the head plus shipping. Thank you for your interest.

post-43622-0-02178200-1440508264_thumb.j

post-43622-0-24483700-1440508282_thumb.j

post-43622-0-08139100-1440508504_thumb.j

what parts do you actually need - do you have a parts list or can show me pictures of the parts. I once disassembled a 45K1with a cracked housing and still have some parts floating around but I have not assorted them so I have to see pictures. Parts number alone do not help.

Well sir, on the right side of the #2 photo there is a large slotted head screw with one of the upper connecting rods on the end of it. What looks like a very dark line on the left side of the connecting rod is a wear gap. I can move this part left and right and it makes an air bubble on the shoulder of the screw. I think it is the G94 screw on the 1876 parts plate but I am not sure.

I also discovered that the shaft that drives the shuttle has a tappered pin in it to hold that part in place. There is no way to change the location of the hook unsess you remove the pin.

I have this one - looks close but I´m not sure:

Head diameter: 12mm

Length w/o head: 27mm

Thread length: 9.5mm

Thread diam.: approx 6.6mm

Shaft diam.: 8mm

What do you think?

post-31854-0-51607600-1441213864_thumb.j

I do believe that is the screw I need. Is it for sale if it is how much would you like for it?

Thank you for looking.