Sign in to follow this  
mlapaglia

Cutting The Notching In A Belt.

"Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own."

That was me. I figured out how ot cut the belt notch or slot a fast and easy way. Then I read Al Stolhmans Leathercraft Tools book and there on page 10 is my new discovery.

Even if I didnt invent it its a great way if you don't have a bag bunch.FYI it works just as well with a chisel, which is how I did it.

post-22515-053490400 1324418992_thumb.jp

Edited by mlapaglia

....i thought everyone knew that....... :red_bandana:

Now if you had said you had this new 3 inch McCulloch chain saw, . . . with a special leather cutting blade, . . . and you were plunge cutting the buckle slots, . . . THAT would have been new :innocent:

May God bless,

Dwight

Now if you had said you had this new 3 inch McCulloch chain saw, . . . with a special leather cutting blade, . . . and you were plunge cutting the buckle slots, . . . THAT would have been new :innocent:

May God bless,

Dwight

Michael

Thats always a problem and one good reason to read the books that are suggested on this site. There are things that people do that are so natural they figure everyone knows it. This is why its so great when you get a chance to sit and watch a master at what you do. You learn all the little things that they do by nature.

The books that are available are the next best thing to sitting at the foot of a Master.

Michael