Sign in to follow this  
jonwatsabaugh

TCAA event

This year I finally got to attend the TCAA event in Oklahoma City. Oh, what a time I had! The members' works are inspirational indeed but even more so are the personalities behind their fine art. As busy as their week was, I found them very gracious and personable toward the little guy like me. I finally got to meet Chuck Stormes and he took time out of his busy day to look over a few trees I brought. We had a small crowd gathered around my car passing around trees. Among them were Chuck of course, Cary Schwarz, Pedro Padrini, John Willemsma, Troy West, David Morris, and Alan Bell. David, it certainly was a pleasure to meet and spend time with you, and Alan, I'm sorry I didn't get to visit more. As always, Troy, its good to fellowship with you, my good friend!

Next year the seminar emphasis will be directed toward saddle making, so mark your calenders, get your work done, save some bucks and get your hide down to OK City for a good time. You won't regret it ! See y'all next September!

Jon

Edited by jonwatsabaugh

Jon-

That sounds like a great time. Thanks for the headsup on next years event. It seems like I never see much info about it until it's over. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Hope you got some good feedback on your trees- they really do look great.

Chuck

Always good to visit with you Jon. It was good to meet the infamous David Morris from "down unda". I also met Alan Bell and his wife at the show. Great bunch of folks to visit with.

The feedback on Jon's trees was excellent. They are really some of the nicest trees I've ever seen. John Willemsma's TCA saddle was built on one.

Jon's work is exceptional.

Troy

Jon and Troy I really enjoyed getting to meet and hang with you and the others I have only missed a couple of years in the last 9! It is a great event and there is always something to gain from the event. Hopefully others will follow our advice Jon and plan on attending next year.

Vaya con Dios, Alan