Its not done yet , have to decide what to do with the edges and wether I should line it or not. All saddle stitched!

PICT08791.JPGPICT08801.JPG

post-5889-1208825019_thumb.jpg

post-5889-1208825029_thumb.jpg

LINE THE VEST AND BIND THE EDGE YOU WILL GET AN .....A+

That's really nice!

I suggest lining it to make it have a finished, professional look. It would probably be more comfortable to wear, also.

As far as how to line it though, I've no idea. Maybe someone else will suggest how.

Please re-post it again so we can see how you decided to finish it. If I can find the time this summer, there's a dress I want to make, also hand sewn with the same stitching technique. I may have a couple questions for you when I get to that point : )

~Tammy

Jeff, so far it's looking real good. I like the steer skull on the back. As to a liner, most definately line it, you will thank yourself many times later.

One thing you should do also, is the seam running across the top of the shoulder, you should re-inforce it and then stitch it like you have done on the yolk. On my vests, I will always cut this piece from one piece of leather so as not to have that seam on top of the shoulder.

Hope to see the finished vest soon, good luck.

Ken

You guys are killing me with these very nice hand made vests. Wow...sooooo tempting.

Very cool.

As far as lining a vest goes, that's is a personal thing. Some folks want, some don't.

I won't be finishing the vest anytime soon, I just had rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder, I will be sidelined for a few months.......... :censored2:

:censored2::ranting2: is right. Sorry to hear it Jeff. I always told myself that it would rock to be able to stay home if I had surgery so I could do more leather stuff. Didn't think of this one.