Whelp it only took me three months of work, bt I finally finished it. the bag is almost entirely hand stitched with the exception of two machine rows on each side of zipper, a machine, and the handles.

Overall i feel pretty good about it, It was my first attempt at any sort of bag, and didn't use any patterns...

I used heavy 10/11oz leather for the main body and a couple old belt straps for around the body support. the handles are 4/5oz folded and sewn. I lined the inside with a material I found at hobby lobby with a sheridan like pattern on it. I would like to note both end caps are carved with sheridan style (also my first attempts at carving sheridan.)

The only problem is I made the handles too long, and on one end/corner the leather is very soft and wrinkly so it isnt as rigid as Id like.

I look forward to many years of use. Happy coincidence... I measured it the other night after checking the carry-on regulations for an upcoming flight and it is near exact specs for carry on.... happy accident!

post-35765-0-90544800-1376750688_thumb.j

post-35765-0-99569900-1376750693_thumb.j

post-35765-0-43072200-1376750701_thumb.j

Very nice, looks Amazing!

Karina

Nice job! Isn't it amazing how much leather you use for something like this? I'm in the process of making a saddle bag and WOW it takes a lot of leather.

Benlilly- yes it used a ton of leather! I understand now why some many bags out ther are multiple pieces sewn together. This bag has 8 pieces: 2xend caps, large body piece, 2x strap supports, 2x handles and lining material inside. The large body pieces made for awkward sewing.