Hi all,

i finished a Laptop bag today. i was working on it for two months now and am verz happy to ship it now. Its design was made to look like a mail envelop. when i started the shoulder strap and the flap were meant to be attached with buckles (which already baught) but my mum decided, that she wanted it that way you see it now. it took some creative work to modify the pattern lol.

Its clompletly handsewn and lined with two layers of fleece to protect the Laptop.

It has some faults and i made some mistakes but im happy overall.

Let me know what you think

Jonathan

post-12643-0-90784800-1367774376_thumb.j

post-12643-0-35938300-1367774379_thumb.j

post-12643-0-00000100-1367774381_thumb.j

post-12643-0-96156800-1367774382_thumb.j

I REALLY like it! You've done a nice job!

Very nice work, I like it!

Jonathan, you sure put a lot of work into that! I really like the design. Is it a 3-piece gusset?

Where's the like button, cause it's awesome. Congrats!

Hi all

Thanks for the nice comments.

@bob: yeah it's a three piece gusset. Was the first time I tried this nd of course it doesn't fit as well as it should. Sadly - and that I the major flaw - it doesn't even stand alone. It will fall over to the front if not leaned backwards... :/

Greetings Jonathan

Thanks domellison, I'm doing this as a hobby for 6 or 7 years now, but I'm usually only working on weekends and holidays because my day job is exhausting and I can only sit in front of the tv at the evenings, lol.

Beautiful work. Can you explain your dyeing and finishing process? Thanks.

Nice! I really like the colour.

Thank you both.

The dyeing process Is simple. The first layer is yellow which is applied with a rag. Apply generously. Than you ake a rag and roll or fold it very tight. Apply dark brown on it and tap the rag on newspaper so that not too much dye is on the rag. Then you just apply the dark brown by rubbing your still tightly folded rag in circular motions about the leather. By reducing the amount of dye you apply to the leather you have the yellow shimmering through the dark brown. You can get several different effects by applying more or other colors. Red with dark brown looks good too. Or yellow, saddle an, dark brown. Just experiment. After dyeing let dry and apply a 50/50 resolene water mix (two layers) or your finish of choice.

Happy dyeing

Jonathan

Thanks for that dyeing explanation.....will experiment a bit with it myself

That is Beautiful!!! thank you so much for sharing the dyeing tip.

Alex

I really like that bag; love the buckle/catch fastner on it. Like other have said, I really like the colour and thanks for the explanation of the process that you went through to achieve it ;)

Something like this is on my to make list and if it comes out looking half as good as yours I will be pleased :)

Thank you :)