BigRiverLeather

Holstein Pattern On Veg Tan

I have a request for a Holstein pattern holster (It's a Wisconsin thing). With White dye being as big of a challenging as it is, I'd like to see if there is a way to get the pattern on the leather or find someone who sells such a thing. I've struck our in my searches so far.

From what I understand, hair on would be a poor choice as the hair would fall out.

Any suggestions?

Scott,

I have seen some chrome tan Holstein a few years ago in odd lots, but can't remember if it was Springfield, Siegels, or who. It was probably from when the Holstein patterns were big on large purses and some upholstery. Now "zebra" seems to be the hot pattern. You might check with Springfield and see if they can track some down. Another guy who can find some odd lot leather is Matt at Maverick Leather in Penngrove, CA.

Scott,

I have seen some chrome tan Holstein a few years ago in odd lots, but can't remember if it was Springfield, Siegels, or who. It was probably from when the Holstein patterns were big on large purses and some upholstery. Now "zebra" seems to be the hot pattern. You might check with Springfield and see if they can track some down. Another guy who can find some odd lot leather is Matt at Maverick Leather in Penngrove, CA.

Thanks Bruce. I've been in touch with Kevin about this without any luck. I tried emailing Matt but his mailbox is full and it bounced. I'll try calling him. I see he has Horween Horse Butt too, might have to give him a try for that.