this sheath i made yesterday, Darci my 13 year old girl stamped it and stained it it was her first work on a sheath .i made the knife for her softball friends dad you know to get her in with the klick "you've got to be friend with the right girls dad " stuff LOL LOL after he sees the stamping on this sheath he's going to think this girl is crazy it's great she had stain every where and said this stamping don't go as you planded does it . the sheath is made to wear horazonal"?" bad spelling sorry

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

HAHA I looked at the pic before I read the heading and was trying to figure out what you were trying to accomplish with the stamping. Great project and sounds like your getting her started early.

That is a outstanding looking knife.

I kind of like it actually ...even before I read the backstory :specool:

Bronson

That came out pretty swanky. The dark stain and the stamp 'pattern' makes a neat sheath.

Well done!

Beautiful knife and I like the sheath too. I think the random stamping almost complements the knife blade and makes a neat set. Maybe shes on to something.

CC

i really like the stamping. it took me a while to figure out what all was done but after the stain it really complements the knife very well. i like the sheaths that go on sideways instead of up and down cuz you can wear them in front instead of on the side. easy to get to in my opinion.

Thank guys i'll tell her you all think she did OK she was sure that you all would laugh at it and tell me to do another she'll be happy, we do her sheath this weekend for the knife she made

+1 to Bronson..I liked it before I read the story as well. Of course I always look at the pics first...lol. Tell Darci to keep up the good work. The knife rocks too.

Carl

What's all the fuss looks good to me? What stain did you use, only asking as I've only used tea or coffee.

Organic stamping and damascus blade. Oh yeah! Very nice.

How do I get my daughter to start a clique where I get custom damascus blade knives too? lol

I think the stamping is interesting..it has an organic, almost ruffled appearence. Reminds me of something out of the ocean deep. I like it.

This is great, and the stamping compliments the design of the blade and handle (which is also nice looking). Nice looking set regardless of age - tell her to stay at it!

She certainly has my vote, . . . and I think the word is "creative", . . . that is something that cannot be taught, . . . cannot be learned, . . . but can be squashed by those who don't understand it. ENCOURAGE her to go on with it, . . . she'll need to refine it a bit, . . . but that is really neat.

Oh, . . . and by the way, . . . if that was MY daughter's first one, . . . the devil would be handing out ice cream cones in 27 flavors before I would give it away.

Her friend's dad could get the 2nd one, . . . but NEVER that first one.

May God bless,

Dwight

I think the knife is terrible and you should send to me for disposal.....and send the sheath too!!

LOL....looks great and they will be really nice together.

Mike

I looked at it before I read the story and thought that looks pretty cool. It doesn't look like it was any type of pattern. Just random stamp placement. It works. The dark stain looks great. The knife is kick ass. Great job you and her both.

I really like the whole thing. I have just started working with my 2 oldest grand children. They are 7 and 5. They made their first belt last week. The are still at the point that i have to help hold the stamp to keep it from bouncing. But I am encouraged by this work. I hope my grand kids have the same eye.