Calvus

Would You Help Me Sort Through This Hardware?

Album here with comments.

Basically what the title says. I was given all of this hardware (plus other leather tools) months ago and just now made time to sort it all out. Without seeing and holding in person, I realize I'm asking for a lot. I tried to label everything in the titles to make it a bit easier to identify.

I think I have most of it correct, but I'm not sure. That's where you experts come in. Do I have the correct rivet posts with the right rivet caps? Some posts fit multiple caps. Which setter goes with which hardware? Some of the rivet caps may go to some conchos (some not pictured) that have studs on them.

Can you help me out?

The first setter looks like a male Segma snap setter.

Not sure of setter 2, 3 and 4

Setters 5 and 6 look like Segma snap female setters.

Setter 7 is a cap setter for rapid rivets, double cap rivets, some conchos, etc.

The snaps marked Glove Snaps are Segma snaps - male and female.

The Brown What are the cap and post for the Segma snaps.

The rest are an assortment of rapid rivets, double caps and so on.

Thanks Tom! I had to google the Segma snap in order to figure out which way they were supposed to be set. Makes sense now. I guess for the rest of the rapid rivets, whatever fits together gets set together.

There is a YouTube out there about setting the Segmas. One key trick is to snap them together and then give them a tap or 2 with the mallet to seat them. I also found that if I use them on thinner leather, I may have to use a larger domed setter to LIGHTLY expand them for a good fit.

They do take some practice to get right.. at least in my case...

And the other rivets... yes.. try to match cap sizes and make sure the post fits and use that concave setter. On those, you want about a 1/16" sticking up out of the leather. You can do a search here to find lots of suggestions for setting and fitting them.