Here's the latest. Got it done just in time for Christmas. It's the last Christmas order on the books. The customer was starting to get a tad frazzled that it wouldn't get done!! No worries. Anyone, for the first one, it turned out pretty nice I think. Let me know what ya'll think. May God richly bless each of you, and remember that Christ is the only reason for Christmas.

post-7660-095828000 1324660667_thumb.jpg

post-7660-065539700 1324660679_thumb.jpg

This is nice, gotta be a happy customer :)

Turned out very nice. Excellent carving. Merry Christmas to you, Leatherrookie.

Love it!! You done a great job on the design and tooling.

I am personally appalled at the number of folks that have no idea what the true meaning of Christmas is.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and may God Bless,

ferg

Here's the latest. Got it done just in time for Christmas. It's the last Christmas order on the books. The customer was starting to get a tad frazzled that it wouldn't get done!! No worries. Anyone, for the first one, it turned out pretty nice I think. Let me know what ya'll think. May God richly bless each of you, and remember that Christ is the only reason for Christmas.

Very nice!!! How did you do the darker edges?

WOW! the layout of your design is beautiful. The tooling itself is even more beautiful. Great job!

That looks fantastic! Merry Christmas!

Thanks everyone for the very kind words. The insides were a bit of a challenge, but with some help from a couple friends who are real leatherworkers, I got it figured out.

MCN.....the edges are simple. It's just dye. I dye the entire stitch area up to the first part of the border.

Okay, dyed the edge... From the size of your photo, I wasn't sure if you dyed it or if you folded the lining over to the border and then stitched (which would also look nice - long as it was well-trimmed).

Either way, I'll say it again.... This looks NICE.

Beautiful. Photo of inside?

Really nice work. I really dig the two tone look.

the graphic is great!!!

That is fantastic work!!

I really like the way you integrated the cross into the design! Also, the floral pattern made me think of the crown of thorns and how I imagine that Christ's resurrection would have transformed the thorns to roses!!

One of these days maybe I'll be able to do something remotely similar! Not sure I have enough time left to develop that much skill though..

Mike