Hi All!

Finally made this into something. I was stuck - couldn't figure out how to fix the gold flaking problem I had and ended up just mixing some paint to match the antique and painted all the darn flakes.

Before Fix:

photocover7.JPG

photocover4.JPG

photocover8.JPG

I think I will change out the white paper for black paper.

Thanks for looking!

Crystal

post-6163-1220916908_thumb.jpg

post-6163-1220916945_thumb.jpg

post-6163-1220917157_thumb.jpg

That is beautiful! You are truly talented. Thanks for sharing.

How did you achive the texture on the inside cover?

Hilly

That is beautiful! You are truly talented. Thanks for sharing.

How did you achive the texture on the inside cover?

Hilly

Thanks, Hilly!

(No special technique - that is the hide I am working with - poor shopping.)

Crystal

Thanks, Hilly!

(No special technique - that is the hide I am working with - poor shopping.)

Crystal

Those are the only good looking bug bites I've ever seen :) I got a shoulder like that once (internet order), and although it was some really UGLY leather, the stuff I made from it had lots of "character" :)

Those are the only good looking bug bites I've ever seen :) I got a shoulder like that once (internet order), and although it was some really UGLY leather, the stuff I made from it had lots of "character" :)

I had gotten this piece a long time ago, internet order. Wish they would list sale hides with a number scale as to how much charater they have. :rofl: At least it was useful for something!

Crystal

I LOVE that carving!! Just so elegant.

Great job Crystal.

I LOVE that carving!! Just so elegant.

Great job Crystal.

Thanks! I have a few things to work on yet - like using a bargrounder. :)

Crystal

Great job Crystal. I really like the style and the colors.

ArtS

Very beautiful Crystal! Doggie looks very nice and realistic. I am familiar with that goldflake problem. Sometimes it has helped me to go over my work with a slightly damp rag after the colours are dry and just brush it off with the rag.

Tom

Great job Crystal. I really like the style and the colors.

ArtS

Thanks, Art!

Very beautiful Crystal! Doggie looks very nice and realistic. I am familiar with that goldflake problem. Sometimes it has helped me to go over my work with a slightly damp rag after the colours are dry and just brush it off with the rag.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! I put the antique on top of the gold leaf and it made the flakes stick pretty good. I used a deglazer on a few of the spots and it took off the antique but not the flakes?? :head_hurts_kr: I didn't try just a damp cloth. Will keep that in mind for future boo boo's. I think I will put a sealer over the leaf before anything else next time.

Crystal

Crys.... my favorite pic!! That turned out simply awesome! Love it

The like the braiding , it looks real

nice.I also like the texture of the

leather.

WINDY

Crystal,

I'm glad you made that into something because I really liked it before. Now I like it even better ;) .

Crystal,

Good looking photo album! :notworthy:

Did it take longer to carve or to lace??

Just looking at the lacing makes my fingers ache.

Johnny

Crys.... my favorite pic!! That turned out simply awesome! Love it

Thank you, Linda!

Thanks, Tom! I put the antique on top of the gold leaf and it made the flakes stick pretty good. I used a deglazer on a few of the spots and it took off the antique but not the flakes?? :head_hurts_kr: I didn't try just a damp cloth. Will keep that in mind for future boo boo's. I think I will put a sealer over the leaf before anything else next time.

Crystal

I have also gotten some flaking prob on the black Motörhead bracer wich didn't wanna come off, since it was black I just used a sharpie and painted over those few spots with flakes. Not noticeable att all once the sealer came on (I used the spraysealer for that one).

Tom

The like the braiding , it looks realnice.I also like the texture of the leather. WINDY
Thanks, Windy! After the thumbs up on the texture I'll have to budget shop more bad hides. I think the saddle tan antique gel made it look better.Crystal
Crystal,I'm glad you made that into something because I really liked it before. Now I like it even better ;) .
Thank you, Clay. :)
Crystal,Good looking photo album! :notworthy: Did it take longer to carve or to lace?? Just looking at the lacing makes my fingers ache.Johnny
Thanks, Johnny! It takes me so long to do anything - I would say the carving took longer. I get sore hands when punching the holes, not when lacing. The lacing gets done in front of the tv, so I never pay much attention to the time.Crystal
I have also gotten some flaking prob on the black Motörhead bracer wich didn't wanna come off, since it was black I just used a sharpie and painted over those few spots with flakes. Not noticeable att all once the sealer came on (I used the spraysealer for that one).Tom
Good tip- using the black sharpie. What kind of sealer do you usually use?Crystal

Up until last spring I used only Fiebings saddle lac spray but switched to Fiebings Leather sheen, both acrylic. I felt that the sheen didn't looked just that much plastic as the spray one and also seem like it takes buffing better but is kinda hard to apply evenly and around eyelets the spray is way easier to get on.

Tom

very nice work thanks for showing.

Josh

That is worth of a frame on a wall. I would be afraid of it getting scratched. Great work

Up until last spring I used only Fiebings saddle lac spray but switched to Fiebings Leather sheen, both acrylic. I felt that the sheen didn't looked just that much plastic as the spray one and also seem like it takes buffing better but is kinda hard to apply evenly and around eyelets the spray is way easier to get on.

Tom

Thanks for the additional info, Tom!

That is worth of a frame on a wall. I would be afraid of it getting scratched. Great work
Since it's leather, I hope it can get thrown at a wall and survive... :) Not that I'll actually do that. Thanks!
Yeah this is a very nice piece.
Thanks, Spider!

Muhahahahaha!!! This album is MINE now! Mine I tell you! MINE!!

I met Crystal at the IFOLG show and she showed me this album. I was hugely impressed! I didn't even have to sneak into her room to steal it. She gave it to me! I love it. The detail is intense and very well done. I think the bargrounding is beautiful. Mine ends up looking like shredded wheat with little pills everywhere. Hers is even, level, smooth, and actually looks like little dots.

Sure, I'm green and all, but I know quality when I see it and this thing is fantastic. Much better in 3D than the pictures can possibly show.

Brent