LeatherSmith68

Just A Little Rant

I just wanted to get some other people opinion on this small issue I have with a supplier.

I ordered a pro starter kit from Springfield leather on the 26th of Oct. I received the kit on the 2nd of Nov. and noticed there were some pieces missing from the kit. Some of the pieces missing were the cutting board, a 4 prong hole punch, bees wax, the check book kit, and some different snaps.

I was treated very well by the lady I spoke with at SL. I received the missing items today the 6th Nov. Now my big problem is this. When getting a starter kit you expect to get instructions. As i did receive what I think is the check book, there are no instructions on how to tool it or sew it. I have 3 pieces of leather that I have no i deal what to do with. Also the kit came with a money clip kit. In this kit it has the instructions on how to toll it and sew it together, BUT in the pro starter kit there is only 1 stamp used to make the money clip. Shouldn't the stamps to complete these projects come in the kit? I have found 9 stamps that I would need to complete the money clip and with out any instructions or tracing patterns for the check book, i have no idea what stamps I would need. For nearly 270.00 I would expect this PRO starter kit to be a little more complete.

Thanks for reading

Harold Smith

Check what you got against what's listed on this website. If it's not all there, I'd contact them again.

http://springfieldleather.com/29324/StarterSet%2CProfessionalProject/

With most kits, there is a list on the packaging somewhere that will list what stamps you will need to "complete" the item and hardly ever are they included with the kit. Springfield Leather are wonderful and I've never had an issue with them. If you can't get someone to help you, email Kevin directly from the main page of their website. I'm sure you'll get what you need!

That kit (and others) may not include the tools listed on the individual projects in the box. Keep in mind, also, that the tools listed for stamping are 'suggested', you can use something else.

Ditto on never having a problem with SL. All it takes is a phone call or email and they're on it! Helps to have a list ready though.