BearMan

Floral Bible Cover For Preacher

Hi Everybody,

Here is a Bible cover I just finished for a Preacher in Ga. Out of all the designs I showed him, he picked the design I've used several times already. The other Preacher that came with him picked one of my new designs. :thumbsup: They brought another Bible cover with them, & they wanted the raised "welt" on the inside to hold the Bible in, instead of useing any retaining tabs. That way, they can lift the Bible out, anytime they want. Pretty cool idea,,, just kind of a pain to do. All of the colors on this one is done with Angelus spirit dyes. I just like them better than the Feibings dyes. I would have had more pictures,,, but the battery in my camera died.

Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan'

P.S.,,, I will have the next one done in a couple weeks,,, I hope!

post-7175-096879900 1337555425_thumb.jpg

post-7175-090958900 1337555449_thumb.jpg

Bearman, looks very nice! Can you explain the differences you see between Angelus and Fiebings? I'm curious! And get them batteries changed so we can see the new design when it's done!:thumbsup:

Ed,

When I saw this was you posting I knew it would be good. As always, amazing work.

Aaron

Very nice. I'd also like to see more pics...especially of the insides. I'm not sure what you meant about how the Bible sits in there. As for the Angelus dyes, I switched to Angelus black a couple weeks ago, and I'm sold. I don't think I'll be going down the Fiebing's road anymore. Anyway, excellent work.

Good Morning,,, Thanks for the compliments!!

The difference between Angelus & Fiebings,,, The Angelus seems to stay truer to the color when diluted,,, whereas the Fiebings seem to get a little "muddy". Also, the Angelus just seems to be a smoother more even color. The Angelus dyes seem a bit "brighter" also. Maybe the the Angelus starts with a liquid pigment, & Fiebings start with a powdered pigment??? No Idea. When using the Angelus,,, just beware of one thing,,, the dyes are much stronger, especially the darker tones. For example,,, Purple,,, where I usually will dilute the Fiebings dye at about 20 to 1 (20 parts denatured alcohol to 1 part dye),,, with the Angelus I have to dilute it by about 40 or 50 to 1. Switching over to Angelus is a leaning experiance, because some of the things that work with Fiebings, is just not quite the same. Oxblood when diluted, makes a Very nice dark red.

I know, this makes things about as clear as mud,,, hehehe Just get some, & see what you think. The bottles are only about $3.00 ea. at: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/10144436-AA.shtml?lnav=dyes.html

Take Care,,, I hope this helps...

Awesome looking work, I'd also like to see the inside cover pictures.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments,,, Here is the only picture I have of the insides. They wanted a welt/flap around the edge, like what they had in the one they have now. I think next time I may insert some stiffening material in the welt, just to keep the lines straighter. Thanks,,, Ed

post-7175-066213800 1337635781_thumb.jpg