Angelt

"leather Sewing Machine"

I am about to buy 2 industrial Juki sewing machines from someone. If I buy the 2 Juki's he will throw in what he calls a "leather machine" I am familiar with Juki's as my mom has several but the "leather machine" is an enigma. I "googled" but with no luck. I live on a ranch and would love to be able to repair my own tack. The man knows nothing about them and is selling for some friend's who don't speak English. I need the Juki's for my Embroidery work and the other machine is a throw in. Can I get parts for it? Any insights would be helpful.-

post-53702-0-74392100-1405669424_thumb.j

Hi,

Juki has no machine named "leather machine". For qualifying to be a leather machine it has to have triple feed ( unison feed=lower, top and needle feed working together). Triple feed machines are set up to sew leather with smooth feet`s and feed dog. It also needs a large capacity hook/bobbin to take heavy threads. Juki has several classes of machines that are used as leather machines. From flatbed mediums of the upholstery class to the heavy cylinder bed TSC 441. The last is a heavy stitcher that takes thick threads, often used as a saddle stitcher. I need the class and subclass number (on a small plate on the machine head) and a picture before I can tell you if your`s is such machine.

Its not easy to identify the machine on the picture. However, it looks like a blind stitch machine used in the textile industry for joining to pieces of fabric together with an invisible stitch. Its for sure no leather machine.

Tor

ENIGMA was a German cipher machine - not a sewing machine but maybe there is something "special" going on with this enigma. Maybe the Germans used sewing machines as cipher machines in WWII... One of the "riddles" that never will be solved . B)

**just kidding**

Pictures is not very good and too much stuff covering it to make a guess.

Oh Sorry,

I didn't mean I will be using the Juki's to sew leather, just that I am buying them and the other machine with be a part of the deal.

@Angelt: I understood your question, but agree with @Trox, if the attached photo is of a leather machine, it looks like none I'm familiar with, and is more than likely the machine that @Trox identified. Your call, and you know your space availability, but it looks to me as though he's hoping you'll take an unwanted machine off of his hands. The parts may have some value, if you want to deal with it, but at the least I'd insist he show you how it sews leather, otherwise take the juki's & run. Have a good day.

Oh Sorry,

I didn't mean I will be using the Juki's to sew leather, just that I am buying them and the other machine with be a part of the deal.

Hi Angelt, I`m 98,9 % sure it is a blind stitch machine. https://www.google.no/search?q=blind+stitch+machine&rls=com.microsoft:no:IE-Address&rlz=1I7ACPW_no&tbm=isch&imgil=FPDHQ1VSMTG20M%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcQad5Cteb-464gbdPXP91U_NLBJDt3eRqomUjeipMEMcN5IXWGkHA%253B640%253B480%253Bx4Mfaz3hfsmawM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fusionservices.us%25252Frecondition_sewing_machines&source=iu&usg=__Se72n2eNKWeDmVDLDfH2fkWhirY%3D&sa=X&ei=8m_JU4zVJ6Wi4gTmq4AY&ved=0CCEQ9QEwAQ&biw=1280&bih=874#imgdii=_

Come on give me another puzzle. :rofl:

Hi Constabulary,

yes I remember they looked in to that possibility too. They measured every stitch length to find patterns, but the stitches was nice and even as always. Then they sent the RAF to bomb the Dürkopp factory in Bielefeld just to make sure. I am glad they missed the Kochs Adler factory. :rofl:

Joke aside, they probably produced war material there, like motorbikes with firearms. Valuable sewing machine patterns and parts where probably lost there.

Tor