cem

Craftool Leather Stamps Z998, Z999L, Z999R

I don't do alot of swivel knife work preferring the traditional old Australian way of just using bevelers and modelling spoons, I was going through all my books and one of them mentioned these tools Z998, Z999L and Z999R. I see that Tandy has discontinued them and if they come up on ebay they are always grouped with other tools I've already got. So if anyone has them and aren't using them please get in touch as I would love to give them a try.

Even if you don't want to sell them for someone who has them would it be possible to take some clear photos so I can see the actual sizes and possibly have a go at making them myself.

Thankyou for any help

Cheers,

Clair

Clair,

You might check out this thread, http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...mp;hl=z999+tool

If you would like to try mine I will send them to you. If you can have them duplicated "Great!" I do not want to give them up. Mine are about 30 years old and do work well and have a nice shape to them.

You can keep them for a couple weeks, if you need them longer to have them duplicated just let me know.

Rick J.

Thankyou for the offer Rick, I'm just not sure about you shipping them to Australia though. I've always got my mail when I've ordered from the US but I would hate for these to get lost when they can't be replaced easy.

If nothing comes up any chance you could take a photo of them straight down and a side angle with written measurements that way I've got something better to go off.

Cheers,

Clair

I don't do alot of swivel knife work preferring the traditional old Australian way of just using bevelers and modelling spoons, I was going through all my books and one of them mentioned these tools Z998, Z999L and Z999R. I see that Tandy has discontinued them and if they come up on ebay they are always grouped with other tools I've already got. So if anyone has them and aren't using them please get in touch as I would love to give them a try.

Even if you don't want to sell them for someone who has them would it be possible to take some clear photos so I can see the actual sizes and possibly have a go at making them myself.

Thankyou for any help

Cheers,

Clair

I have all three craftools that you want. If I send you a picture will it help you?

Yep that would be a great help Dustin, I'm trying a leather shop across town next week they don't have a high turnover of tools and had a full rack of stamps last time I there so they may on the off chance have them.

If they don't though a clear picture would definately help in trying to make my own, I do 3D computer modelling and should be able to model them fairly easily if I can get the measurements.

Cheers,

Clair

Finally got to the store across town today and they did have the Z999L and Z999R, the L isn't quite as nicely finished as the R but it still gives a nice impression. The finish is the same as the ones my sister gave me so I guess they are from the early 80's.

So I'm just on the look out for the Z998 now, this one does seem to come up on ebay alot more so hopefully I won't have to wait to long to complete the set.

Cheers,

Clair

Finally got to the store across town today and they did have the Z999L and Z999R, the L isn't quite as nicely finished as the R but it still gives a nice impression. The finish is the same as the ones my sister gave me so I guess they are from the early 80's.

So I'm just on the look out for the Z998 now, this one does seem to come up on ebay alot more so hopefully I won't have to wait to long to complete the set.

Cheers,

Clair

Sorry about not getting you the pics you needed. I didnt happen to see that you had answered me back. I also have the Z998 if you still need a pic PM me.

Woo hoo finally have got the full set and at 1980's prices as well, went into the other leather store in Perth city that I had forgotton about (last time I was there I got some young girl who didn't know what the hell I was talking about). But yesterday I was in luck and actually got to talk to the owner who was a lovely old gentleman and he had all of them tucked away up the back of the shop. I couldn't believe it when he pulled them out and they had the same price writing on them that some of the ones my sister gave me had. He said that I was the first person to ask for stamps in quite a few years and he seemed quite chuffed about it.

I think another trip might be in order now as I wished I had written down what other stamps I needed as he seemed to have a fairly good selection and there were all 70's 80's stuff.

Cheers,

Clair