Howdy all

I mixed a batch of vinegroon a couple months back. I used steel wool and a couple of nails. I keep it in a plastic bottle. My problem is I went to dye some skirting tonight and it turned the top and bottom of the leather rust colored. When I neutralized it some went away I then rinsed it with clear water and wiped it down. That got rid of most of it. Why is it doing that does the stuff get old I'm not sure what to think. I did shake the bottle before using. Any help to this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Edited by rawhide1

I'm a vinegaroon newbie, so I don't have any direct experience (although I have two batches brewing as we speak!).

However, I've read a ton of the old threads and a lot of those folks strain the liquid through a coffee filter or cheesecloth or the like to remove some of the particulate matter prior to use. Maybe there is some residual rust particles or dirt or something like that getting onto the leather surface.

Just a guess though.

Savage

Savage

Thanks I'm restraining it now. We'll see what happens.

Thanks, Mike